torn apart

Sam gets woken up in the middle of the night by Fred and George.

"Come on, Harry's had a dream about dad. We have to go!"

"What?" She hurriedly gets out of bed and follows them all the way to Dumbledore's office to see Ron and Harry, who is drenched in sweat, standing next to McGonagall. They move to stand next to Ron and she stands far away from Harry, watching Dumbledore's every move as he paces.

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim or looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore interrogates.

"Neither. It was like I- Will you please just tell me what's happening?" Harry asks.

"Everard," Dumbledore moves towards one of the paintings, "Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir-" Harry tries to say but gets interrupted.

"Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

Everard returns to his painting, "They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

Sam and the others visibly relax and Dumbledore continues, "Oh, thank goodness. Next we need to-"

"Look at me!" Harry shouts as he pants, startling everyone in the room, "What's happening to me?"

Snape enters the room and looks around cautiously, "You wished to see me, headmaster?"

"Oh, Severus. I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable."

Snape looks to Harry and drags him out of the room to practice Occulumancy. Sam and the Weasley's follow McGonagall to the Portkey and quickly arrive at Grimmauld Place. As soon as she spots Molly she runs up to her and gives her a hug.

"He's going to be okay," Molly announces as Sam lets go, "I'm going to the hospital now. WIth luck, he'll be home for Christmas."

"I'll take care of them while you're gone, Molly," Sirius notes.

At the sound of his voice, Sam leaps into his arms and holds him tight. He wraps his arms around her and whispers, "It's all going to be alright, now."

Molly walks out the door and the boys stand anxiously looking at the door. Sam walks up to them and pulls them in for a hug.

"Thank you, for what you did that night in the Room of Requirement. Hermione told me," she acknowledges.

"We love you," George notes.

"You come first," Fred adds.

"Always," Ron nods.

"Let's have a great night to distract ourselves," she proclaims, "Dad, get out the cooking supplies. We're going to destroy the kitchen," she sends him a big smile."

The twins laugh and follow her into the kitchen. By the end of the night, after major help from Sirius, they have nearly seven batches of cookies, 50 cupcakes, and three massive cakes. Unfortunately, at the kitchen's expense as it's now covered in flour and icing somehow managed to wind up on the ceiling. They laughed the whole time and kept themselves distracted.

Hermione arrived the next day along with all of their things. It wasn't until then, that Sirius notices the scar on Sam's hand and the fresh cuts of her nails into her palms.

"Who did this to you, darling?" He asks in a mixture of worry and anger.

"Well, the writing was Umbridge and the nails were because of my emotions," she explains.