lockhart

They all sit in the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, waiting for their new professor.

"Hopefully this one isn't Voldemort like last time," Sam remarks to Harry, Ron and Hermione. They all nod.

The office door bursts open as Gilderoy Lockhart enters the room.

"Let me introduce you to your new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher. Me."

Ron looks disgusted and Harry just looks confused.

"Gilderoy Lockhart, Order of Merlin, Third Class, honorary member of the Dark Force Defense League and five times winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award." He concludes giving a clearly rehearsed smile, just like at Flourish and Blotts.

"But I don't talk about that. I didn't get rid of the Bandon Banshee by smiling at him." He says with a pompous chuckle, "Now, be warned. It is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind."

He taps his wand on a cage that is covered and it starts rattling, "You may find yourselves facing your worst fears in this room. Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream. It might provoke them." He announces as he rips the covering from the cage to reveal...

"Cornish pixies?" Seamus asks amused.

It appears that every boy in the class shows an obvious annoyance with the new professor, while every girl drools over him, except for Sam who just looks to be bored.

"Freshly caught Cornish pixies," Lockhart continues as Seamus laughs, "Laugh if you will, Mr.Finnegan, but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters. Let's see what you make of them."

He pulls open the latch on the cage letting them all fly out and create mayhem. Everyone abruptly stands and tries to move out of the way as they tear out pages of books, pull hair, and throw paintings off of the walls.

"Come on now, round them up. They're only pixies," Lockhart brags.

Two pixies grab Neville's ears and pull him off the ground to hang him by his robes, off the chandelier. Sam hides behind the desks, swatting at them with her books along with Harry and Ron. One begins to pull at her hair and Harry smacks it to the other side of the room.

"Peskipiksi Pesternomi!" Lockhart shouts while waving his wand, but a pixie snatches his wand from his hand and breaks the chain holding up the skeleton of a dragon near the ceiling. It comes crashing down to the floor. Lockhart rushes to grab the paintings of himself and scrambles back into his office.

"I'll ask you three to just nip the rest of them back into their cage," he informs as he slams his door shut.

The four of them look dumbstruck as they continue to hit the pixies away.

"What do we do now?" Ron pleads.

Hermione throws a pixie off of her robes and pulls out her wand, "Immobulus!"

All the pixies freeze mid air and just float around.

Neville who is still hanging from the chandelier, "Why is it always me?"