revenge

A few days later, Kreacher returns with Mundungus. The four make their way into the kitchen as they hear a familiar voice. They burst through the door and find that Kreacher is wrapped around Mundungus' neck while Dobby is wrapped around his leg.

"Harry Potter," Dobby calls out, "So long it's been."

Mundungus begins to shout, "Get off me!"

They all fall forward onto the ground and Sam holds in a laugh.

"As requested, Kreacher has returned with the thief, Mundungus Fletcher."

Mundungus pulls out his wand and Hermione shouts, "Expelliarmus!"

"What you playing at? Setting a pair of bleeding house elves after me," Mundungus asks, disheveled.

Dobby quickly stands on the table, making himself at eye level with them, "Dobby was only trying to help. But Dobby saw Kreacher in Diagon Alley, which Dobby thought was curious. And then Dobby heard Kreacher mention Harry Potter's name. And then Dobby saw Kreacher talking with the thief, Mundungus-"

"I'm no thief, you foul little git," Mundungus interrupts, "I'm a purveyor of rare and wondrous objects."

Ron steps up towards the table, "You're a thief, Dung. Everyone knows it."

Dobby comes up to him and holds out his hand, "Master Weasley, so good to see you again."

Ron shakes his hand gently, "Wicked trainors."

Mundungus backs into the chair in the corner, Sam stares him down, "Tell the truth. When you turned this place over," Mundungus opens his mouth to retort, but Sam lets her eyes shift green as a warning and he closes his mouth tightly, "Don't deny it. You found a locket, am I correct?"

"Why? Was it valuable?"

"You still got it?" Hermione asks.

"No, he's worried he didn't get enough money for it," Ron clarifies.

Mundungus shifts uncomfortably in his chair, "Bleeding give it away, didn't I? There I was, flogging me wares in Diagon Alley, when some Ministry hag comes up and asks to see me license. Says she's a mind to lock me up. And would've done it too, if she hadn't taken a fancy to that locket."

"Who was she?" Harry interrogates, "The witch. Do you know?"

Mundungus looks around, "No, I-" his eyes fall onto the newspapers and he picks one up, "Well, she's there. Look. Bleeding bow and all."

He throws it onto the table and everyone looks at the picture to see Dolores Jane Umbridge. They all look at each other.

Sam inhales deeply and lets a menacing smile form on her lips, "I've been waiting for a moment like this."