young love

Ron is currently fast asleep, laying in a bed in the Hospital Wing as Harry, Hermione and Sam sit around him as Madam Pomfrey tends to him. Professor McGonagall, Dumbledore, Snape and Slughorn all enter the room to stand around his bed.

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar," Dumbledore acknowledges, "You must be very proud of your student, Horace."

"Hm? Oh, yes, very proud," Slughorn nods, still in shock.

"I think we agree, Potter's actions were heroic. The question is, why were they necessary?" McGonagall points out.

"Why, indeed?" Dumbledore questions as he approaches Horace who holds out the bottle of mead, "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle? Which, by the way, possesses remarkably subtle hints of licorice and cherry, when not polluted with poison," he states as he hands the bottle to Snape.

"Actually I had intended to give it as a gift myself," Slughorn adds.

"To whom, I might ask?"

"To you, Headmaster."

Suddenly, everyone can hear the shrill voice of Lavender Brown from down the hall as she frantically runs into the room, "Where is he? Where's my Won-Won? Has he been asking for me?"

She tries to reach for Harry as she asks the question, but he quickly backs away. Upon seeing Ron in his bed, she quickly runs to the side of it, but as she looks up she sees Hermione sitting on the other side.

"What's she doing here?" Lavender asks in irritation.

"I might ask you the same question," Hermione fires back.

"I happen to be his girlfriend."

"I happen to be his friend," Hermione retorts.

"Don't make me laugh. You haven't spoken in weeks. I suppose you want to make up now that he's all interesting!"

"He's been poisoned, you daft dimbo! And for the record, I've always found him interesting."

Ron begins to stir in his sleep and Lavender grabs a hold of his hand, "Ah. See? He senses my presence. Don't worry, Won-Won. I'm here. I'm here."

Ron begins to mumble something and everyone gets a bit closer to hear, "Her... Hermione... Hermione."

Lavender sobs and runs out of the room as Hermione sits back down and holds onto his hand. Sam smiles widely, as does Harry.

"Oh, to be young, and to feel love's keen sting. Well, come away, everybody. Mr. Weasley is well tended," Dumbledore says as he nods to Hermione.

Everyone begins to exit and when Hermione sees the smirks plastered on Sam and Harry she blushes, "Oh, shut up."

Harry grabs Sam's hand and leads her out of the Hospital Wing, "Took him long enough."

Sam sniggers, "Seems familiar... like how long it took you."

He rolls his eyes playfully before he abruptly turns to her and picks her up. She begins laughing uncontrollably as he spins her around and then sets her down.

"You know, you're pretty attractive," Sam says with a smile.

"Well, I bloody well hope so. You've been snogging me for two years."

They both laugh and Sam wraps her arms around his neck before walking backwards towards the wall of the now empty corridor, "Speaking of snogging."