battle for the sky

Upon arrival, they all dismount and stand in a group at the front door. Sam is surprisingly quite nervous to see Harry again. Hagrid knocks on the door and not a moment later Harry answers it. Ron runs inside and hugs him excitedly. Hermione is next and kisses him on the cheek. Sam stands in front of the door and smiles at him.

"Come here," Harry holds out his arms and she gladly jumps into them.

"You're looking fit," Hagrid states.

Mad-Eye barges in through the door, "Yeah, he's absolutely gorgeous. What say we get undercover before someone murders him?"

Sam chuckles as they all pile into the house and make their way into the front room. Harry pulls Sam in once more.

"I've been looking forward to this day all summer," he admits, "You look more beautiful everytime I see you."

She blushes slightly, "It's been torture without you."

He furrows his brows, "Wait, how did they let you come? It's way too dangerous for you to be here."

The twins come waltzing into the room, "It took a lot of convincing," George chuckles.

"We were actually going to drug her, but she convinced us all," Fred remarks.

Sam punches his arm and he feigns hurt. Harry laughs.

"Kingsley, I thought you were looking after the Prime Minister?" Harry asks in wonder.

"You are more important."

"Hello, Harry," Bill greets, "Bill Weasley."

Harry shakes his hand, "Oh. Pleasure to meet you."

Harry notices the scratch marks that stretch across his entire face, Fred chuckles, "He was never always this handsome."

"Dead ugly," George jokes.

"True enough," Bill remarks, "Owe it all to a werewolf, name of Greyback. Hope to repay the favor one day."

"You're still beautiful to me, William," Fleur notes as she kisses him on the cheek.

Sam leans over to whisper to Harry, "They're getting married in about a week at the Burrow, be my date?"

He smiles, "Do you have to ask?"

"Just remember, Fleur, Bill takes his steaks on the raw side now,
Lupin laughs.

"My husband, the joker," Tonks chuckles, "By the way, wait till you hear the news. Remus and I-"

Mad-Eye brushes past them, "Alright, alright. We'll have time for a cozy catch up later. We've got to get the hell out of here. And soon. Potter, you're underage, which means you've still got the Trace on yeh."

"What's the Trace?" Harry inquires.

"If you sneeze, the Ministry will know who wipes your nose. Point is, we have to use those means of transport the Trace can't detect: Brooms, Thestrals and the like. We go in pairs. That way, if anyone's out there waiting for us, and I reckon there will be, they won't know which Harry Potter is the real one."

"Real one?" Harry questions.

Moody pulls out his familiar flash, "I believe you're familiar with this particular brew."

Harry's eyes widen, "No. Absolutely not."

Sam raises her eyebrows, "Told you he'd take it well."

"No. If you think I'm gonna let everyone risk their lives for me, I-"

"Never done that before, have we?" Ron jokes.