summer of our lives

It's the 15th of July and Sam writes Harry a letter.

'Hey Harry,

We decided to come and get you early because I know how much you hate the Dursleys' and how much you love us. We'll be there on the 17th, expect us showing up in your chimney. Expect the best summer of your life!

See you soon x

S'

She gave her letter to the owl that Sirius got her at the end of their third year. As soon as her owl departs from her window, George walks in.

"Sending a love letter, are we?"

Sam scoffs, "Just letting Harry know that we'll be there in two days. This summer is going to be the best."

George flops down onto her bed, "Well, of course, we've planned fireworks, sleepovers, and everything in between."

She lays down next to him as they both stare at the ceiling, "I just figured, now that Pettigrew is loose, he'll be putting in every effort to bring Voldemort back. This might be the last summer we have where we're free to just live."

"Have you told Harry about your- uh, well-"

"About that..." Sam sits up, "I don't want to have another drop while he's here so I think I need to trigger a low episode to get everything out."

George sits up, but before he can answer Fred strolls in and tackles Sam, "Come on, little S, you know that's never a good idea."

They begin to tickle her before she threatens to scream. They scoff, "You know that's not fair."

She gives them a cheery smile as Ron walks in.

She rolls her eyes, "Do you guys not respect privacy at all?"

"Nope," they say in unison.

"Why are you trying to hide this from Harry? You know he should know," Ron expresses.

"First of all, he already knows about the 'curse', Hermione says it's actually a Muggle illness, he just doesn't know the severity."

They boys look at each other in disapproval before Sam sighs, "Look, this is going to be a great summer and I'm not letting this ruin a single moment of it."

They reluctantly nod and Ron lets an excited grin take over his features, "So are you excited for the Quidditch World cup?"

"We'll be quite pleased when the Irish kick the Bulgarians' arsses," the twins remark.

"You wish!" Ron retorts, "Sam who's side are you on?"

Sam shrugs, "Honestly, it's whoever wins me over at this point."

The twins look at Ron, "Challenge accepted."

Within a few hours, Sam's owl returns with a note in its beak. She takes it gently and opens it.

'Hey Sam,

The Dursleys are happy to be rid of me, but they're still making my life hell so I'm more than happy to come early. I'll see you in two days.

Harry'

The day finally arrives when they go to get Harry. Arthur, the twins, Ron and Sam stand in front of the fireplace and one at a time pick up their Floo Powder and enunciate, "Number 4 Privet Drive."

Sam is the last to appear in Harry's fireplace. As the other's finish greeting, Sam looks to see the Dursleys who look petrified of what just happened. Sam pushes past the others and immediately tackles Harry into a hug.

He blushes, "It's great to see you too."

She releases him and smiles wide. Sam and Harry watch as the twins drop some sort of candy in front of Dudley who reaches down to pick it up.

Harry leans over to her, "So Ron tells me that we have to convince you to support Bulgaria before the twins win you over."

Sam shrugs, "It'll be hard. The twins have been working tirelessly to give us one hell of summer."

"Well, Ron and I will one up them."

"Oh really?" Fred appears next to him.

"Will you now?" George stands on the other side of him.

We all watch as Arthur begins to speak with Vernon and Petunia and Dudley pops on of the candies into his mouth.

"Get ready to run to the fireplace-" George starts.

"In three...two..." Fred finishes.

Before he gets to one, Petunia screams as Dudley's tongue grows long enough to touch the floor. The five teenagers book it back to the fireplace and use the Floo Network to get back to the Burrow.

"Just a parting gift, from us, to good ole Duddles," Fred remarks with a smirk.