prophecy

Sam, Ron, Neville and Luna run out of the castle and over the bridge to get to the Forbidden Forest when they bump into Harry and Hermione. Sam tackles him in a hug.

"How'd you get away?" Hermione asks.

"Uh- Puking Pastilles," Ron improvises, "Wasn't pretty."

Sam hands them both back their wands that were left in Umbridge's office as Neville inquires, "So how are we getting to London?"

"Look, it's not that I don't appreciate everything you've done, all of you, but I've got you into enough trouble as it is," Harry explains.

"Dumbledore's Army's supposed to be about doing something real," Neville blurts, "Or was that all just words to you?"

"Maybe you don't have to do this all by yourself, mate," Ron adds.

Harry hesitates, "So how are we going to get to London?"

Luna smiles, "We fly, of course."

Luna leads them all to the herd of Thestrals and they climb on in pairs, Hermione and Ron, Neville and Luna, and Sam and Harry. They take off in flight heading for London. By the time they break through the clouds over London, it's nightfall. They land on the ground and sneak in quietly, so no one notices. They race through the main hall, heading for the Department of Mysteries.

They arrive at a dark corridor and step out of the elevator.

"This is it," Harry announces as they all look at the door ahead of them. They make their way to it and slowly open it to reveal floor to ceiling aisles of odd spheres that resemble one of Trelawney's crystal balls. The room is just as dark as the corridor so Sam, Ron and Hermione cast, "Lumos."

In fear of what they may find ahead, Sam grabs Harry's hand and he holds onto hers tight as they walk forward. Harry counts the aisles, looking for a certain section where he saw Sirius. There was complete and utter silence, the only sound coming from their footsteps and Harry's counting.

Harry stops abruptly and looks around, "He should be here."

Sam begins to panic, hating that she can't predict anything. The others stopped a little ways back.

"Harry, Sam," Neville calls out, "It's got your names on it."

They walk over to where Neville stands and stare at the two lightly glowing orbs. Harry reaches up and grabs his from the shelf. As he holds it, a face begins to appear within the fog of the glass. Sam follows suit and holds onto hers. Both of the orbs glow brighter as they are held side by side. Harry is seemingly invested in his orb and Sam begins to hear her's talking. No one else can hear what they hear. Sam can't even hear Harry's, but she can hear the voice in the orb she's holding.

"Born of the two most powerful bloodlines, she will either be our best defender, or the weapon of mass destruction. The one with the power to vanquish the Dark Lord will be tied to her in the deepest connection, and their hearts will break before all is over. If she allows the darkness to consume her, she will become the most powerful being to ever walk this Earth. Armies will bend to her will and kings will bow. If she chooses to fight her nature and stand alongside The Boy Who Lived, she will die."

The ball falls from her hand and shatters against the floor as she stands in shock. Harry snaps out of his trance and turns to her, but before he can speak, Ron calls out.

"Sam, Harry."

They all look to the several Death Eaters who stand before them. Sam and Harry stand in front of their friends, protectively.

"Where's Sirius?" Harry demands.

"You know, you really should learn to tell the difference between dreams and reality," the Death eater removes his mask to reveal Lucius Malfoy, "You saw only what the Dark Lord wanted you to see. Now, hand me the prophecies."

"If you do anything to us, I'll break it," Harry states.

A sickening laugh resounds through the room as a woman steps forward with raggedy black hair and rotting teeth, "He knows how to play. Itty bitty baby Potter."

"Bellatrix Lestrange," Neville acknowledges.

Sam stiffens slightly and Harry reaches for her hand as Bellatrix laughs.

"Neville Longbottom is it, how's mum and dad?"

Sam steps forward, eyes flashing bright green, "Better now that they're about to be avenged."

"Well, if it isn't my darling little niece," she smiles menacingly.

"Now, let's everybody just calm down," Lucius states, "Shall we? All we want is those prophecies."

"I broke mine already. Guess you'll have to disappoint your master," Sam sneers.

Malfoy tuts, "I suppose we'll bring him something better... you."

"No!" Harry shouts as he pulls her behind him, "Now!" He shouts to the group as they're surrounded.

"Stupefy!" They shout at the Death Eaters.

They run towards the exit and weave in and out of aisles. They come to a screeching halt as more appear in their way. The cast their disarming and stunning spells as they race towards a door. As the Death Eaters gain on them, Sam stops and turns, "Reducto!"

All the shelves begin to fall and create a barrier between her friends and the ones trying to kill them. They all race through the door to find that there is no floor. They fall until they stop just inches above the ground and hover for a moment before dropping.