firebolt

The next day, when Ron is released, they all walk down into the common room and hear laughter. The four of them look and see Fred and George with ears that drag against the floor. Sam and Hermione burst out laughing and Harry leans over her to her.

"Did you have anything to do with this?"

"What in the world would make you believe I could cause such mischief?"

They both chuckled and Fred and George look at them, faces red with anger, "You!"

Hermione and Sam visibly pale and begin to run up to the dorms with the twins hot on their trail, before they can reach the top, Fred grabs hold of Sam and throws her over his shoulder as George does with Hermione. They carry them back down the stairs as they loudly and colorfully protest. They parade them around the common room until they drop them on the couch. They pull out their wands and turn both of their legs into jelly.

Sam in a fury rises to tackle them but nearly falls on her butt, before Harry catches her and holds her up, "I hate you two!"

"Change us back and we'll change you back," They smirk.

With a roll of Hermione's eyes she does the counterspell and their ears begin to shrink.

"See? That wasn't so hard," Fred bemuses.

The twins begin to walk away but Sam yells out, "Hello?"

"Payback," they simply shrug.

Sam growls out.

A few weeks later, Sam and Hermione are back to normal, but continue to seethe at the twins.

"So Lupin gave me the map before he left," Harry informs Sam.

"Thank Godric, I'm going to need to borrow that when I get the twins back."

"Do you really think that's a good idea?" He asks.

"No, not at all, but who am I to shy away from a challenge," she winks at him.

There's a moment of silence between them as they make their way to the Great Hall.

"I suppose you've figured, now that Pettigrew's escaped, he's going to go and alert Voldemort that you're alive and at Hogwarts."

She sighs, "Yeah, I figured as much. But at least now we can look out for each other."

He smiles brightly at her, "Till the end."

"Till the end."

Harry and Sam walk into the Great Hall, to see all of their friends gathered at a table. They go to join them and see they're in front of a package addressed to him.

"Well, go on, Harry!" Sam says, "Open it."

He unwraps the package to see a brand new Firebolt.

"That's the fastest broom in the world!" George remarks.

Harry looks in amazement, "For me? But who sent it?"

Sam smirks and holds up a hippogriff feather, "It came with this."

They exchange a knowing smile and Harry ties it around the broom. They all rush out with it and he mounts it before it shoots off the ground and he screams, "Woah!" They all laugh as he flies off through the sky laughing.