sighting

As they sit in the Great Hall, studying for classes and completing the assigned homework, they hear Draco going on and on about his arm. "-another minute or two and I could've lost my arm, I can't possibly do any homework for weeks."

The four of them listen and Sam scoffs. Ron looks back, "Listen to the idiot. He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?"

"Yeah, but at least Hagrid didn't get fired," Sam says.

"I hear Draco's father is furious. We haven't heard the end of this," Hermione explains.

Seamus comes barging in, "He's been sighted! He's been sighted!"

"Who?" Ron asks, alarmed.

Seamus slams a newspaper down on the table, "Sirius Black!"

Hermione looks over at the paper, "Dufftown? That's not far from here."

Neville looks up at the others, "You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?"

"With dementors at every entrance?" Sam asks, baffled.

"Dementors?" Seamus exclaims, "He's already slipped past them once. Who's to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. It's like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

Sam looks at Harry to find he's already staring at her with worry in his eyes. She looks back down at the paper, Black's face moving in anger holding his prison number. Her heart slows, she's terrified, but there's something oddly familiar about him. She's seen his face before, she's heard that name before.