forgiveness

Once Ron is finally released from the Hospital Wing, the four of them sit in the Great Hall for breakfast. Hermione is looking over the newest release of the Daily Prophet, while Harry looks through his Potion's book and Sam reads her letter from Fred and George. She looks up and notices Ron staring at the table behind them. Sam turns around to look at Lavender who appears to still be quite angry.

"Tell me how I broke up with Lavender again," Ron asks.

Harry finally looks up from his book as Hermione tries to explain, "Um, well- she came to visit you in the hospital. And you talked. I don't believe it was a particularly long conversation."

Ron nods, "Don't get me wrong, I'm bloody thrilled to be shot of her. It's just she seems a bit put out."

They all turn to look at her and see that she's aggressively glaring at them and digging the handle of her spoon into the table. They all turn back around.

"Yes, she does, doesn't she?" Hermione smiles slightly in amusement, "You say you don't remember anything from that night?"

Ron hesitates and squints slightly, "There is something..." Harry and Sam move their eyes from Ron to Hermione and then back to Ron, "But it can't be. I was completely boggled, wasn't I?"

Hermione looks down at the table, "Right. Boggled."

Harry and Sam give each other a sideways glance as an awkward silence falls over the group. Harry then returns to reading his book and Sam leans over to see the hand written notes from the Half Blood Prince. In the book, he had written 'Sectumsempra-For Enemies'. Sam furrows her brows.

"Harry," Hermione whispers and he looks up, "That's Katie. Katie Bell."

Harry turns his head to see Katie walking through the Great Hall, up one of the main aisles. Harry quickly rises from the bench seat and follows after her. Sam watches them from across the room until she sees Harry turn around and look at something behind her. Sam turns around and her eyes meet Draco's. He looks extremely nervous as he turns and exits the hall. Sam walks as Harry chases after him. Sam quickly stands and follows so nobody gets hurt. Sam turns a corner and loses sight of them. She looks around frantically and begins to panic until she hears spells being fired and the sound of things breaking. She runs towards the noise and ends up in the boys' bathroom.

She finds them both in a duelling stance and she runs in between both of them just as Harry shouts, "Sectumsempra!"

The blast hits her and she falls to the ground. Draco and Harry both run to her side as blood begins to seep through her clothes from all over her body. She gasps and a tear falls from her eye.

"Sam! Sam! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean- oh my God," Harry stutters as he tries to stop the bleeding.

Her blood begins to mix with the water flooding the floor. Snape enters the bathroom and looks between Sam and the two boys before he kneels down and moves his wand over her body.

"Vulnera Sanentur. Vulnera Sanentur," he repeats over and over as the blood begins to return to her body.

Snape looks at the book in Harry's hand and then eyes him once more, "Take her to the hospital. Now."

Harry quickly slides his arms under her back and knees and lifts her up off the ground. Draco sits down on the wet floor and runs his fingers through his hair. Harry runs through the halls, avoiding all the gasps and stares from other students. Hermione and Ron meet him at the Hospital Wing as Madam Pomfrey examines her fully.

Ron won't even look at Harry, "You need to get rid of that book."

Harry nods as he watches Sam lay in the hospital bed. Hermione looks up at him, "We'll help you."