the wedding

The day of Harry's birthday, is also the day of Bill and Fleur's wedding. Sam and Hermione sit up in their shared room, getting ready. Hermione sits across from her as she lightly puts on her makeup.

"I've never been to a wedding," Sam admits.

Hermione leans back, "Really?"

Sam nods as she motions for her to come back, "I'm just nervous because my mind can't really be on that with everything going on around us."

Hermione sighs, "We've been living in a world of chaos for so long now, just trying to enjoy the few normal moments we get. This is one of the moments we need to cherish. We'll be leaving any day now to search for these Horcruxes, we'll need all the memories we can get."

This time, Sam sighs as she finishes Hermione's makeup and starts on her own, "Can't we just try to make some good ones while we're away?"

Hermione shrugs as she tugs on her dress, "We just don't know what we'll be facing when we're out there... but I don't think it's a bad idea."

Sam applies the light smokey eyeshadow and minimal liner, "Did you pack the photo albums? I know it seems silly-"

Hermione smiles at her, "Of course, I did."

Sam returns her smile as she stands up from the bed, "I'm going to go and grab my dress from the hall."

She walks out to the rail where it lays and changes into it in the bathroom. She reaches behind her to pull up the zipper, but realizes she can't quite reach it. Rather than stop Hermione from trying to fix her hair, she goes downstairs and runs into Harry in the kitchen.

She smiles at him and turns around to show him her bare back, "Will you zip me up?"

He blushes and nods as he walks over to her. He pulls her zipper up as it ends at her lower back. He notices how stunning she looks in the gold dress. It has an open back and when she turns around to face him, he notices that the neckline is fairly low. He looks back up to her eyes quickly and blushes yet again. She leans in and puts her hands gently on his cheeks. He looks into her warm eyes. He's never seen anything like them. A warm, amber brown in the center, but it melts into a light green.

He leans in further and kisses her. He places his hands on her bare back and pulls her into him more, deepening the kiss. They hear someone clear their throat and they quickly pull apart. They see George leaning against the counter with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"Morning," he greets slowly and suggestively with a wink.

Sam bites her lip, trying to contain her growing smile. She nods and walks out of the room and back upstairs. George eyes Harry warningly and Harry pulls his lips into a tight line awkwardly and half heartedly points to outside.

"I'm just gonna-"

"Yeah," George interrupts with a smile.

Harry nods and walks outside. He sees the Minister of Magic walking up to the house.

"Bloody hell. What's the Minister of Magic doing here?" Fred asks.

The Minister looks at Ron and then to Harry, "I require your company, and the girls, Miss Granger and Miss Black."

Harry and Ron look at each other quizzically before nodding as they follow him into the house. Ron calls up the stairs for the girls and they come down to sit in the front room on the couch with the boys. The Minister sits across from them and opens his briefcase.

"To what do we owe the pleasure, Minister?" Harry inquires curiously.

"I think we both know the answer to that question, Mr. Potter."