patience

Seamus begins to attend all of their secret meetings in the Room of Requirement. Their current meeting is being spent by practicing the Patronus Charm.

"Make it a powerful memory the happiest you can remember," Harry instructs to the group, "Allow it to fill you up. Keep trying, Seamus. George your turn now."

Sam stands in a group with the twins, Ron, and Hermione. George casts his Patronus successfully and Sam claps loudly. Harry continues stepping around to the other groups.

"A full-bodied Patronus is the most difficult to produce, but shield forms can also be equally useful against a variety of opponents. Sam, will you demonstrate?"

Sam steps up as other students either watch or continue practicing. She closes her eyes and smiles, "Expecto Patronum!"

A beautiful white Phoenix flies out of her wand and soars around the room as everyone watches in amazement.

"That's amazing!" Neville shouts.

"Wicked," the twins smirk.

Harry comes up to her and kisses her cheek which makes her Patronus fade away. He chuckles and continues, "Just remember, your Patronus can only protect you for as long as you stay focused."

Hermione casts hers and it turns into an otter and Sam laughs as Ron falls over from his Patronus accidentally knocking him over.

"This is really advanced stuff, guys. You're doing so well," Harry shouts.

The lights begin to flicker and the chandelier rattles. Everyone stops casting and looks around the room and then back at Harry. A loud thumping is heard from the wall of the entrance and students gather around to stand in front of it. Sam and Harry stand in front just to be safe, but Harry holds his arm out as a subtle shield over Sam. The mirrors on the wall shatter and hit the floor. Fred and George hold out their wands protectively and Sam gets a horrible feeling.

They all hear the voice of Umbridge, "I'll make quick work of this."

Sam pulls Harry behind her, "Everyone get back!"

Umbridge casts a spell and the wall blasts apart as giant pieces fly towards the students. Harry tries to grab Sam to protect her, but she plants her feet and they all watch as the bricks hurdle towards them but bounce off an invisible shield and hit the floor. Sam is channeling all of her Montclair powers to create a protective barrier to save her friends. They all look at her in shock, but lose focus as Umbridge and her Inquisitorial Squad enter the room.

Umbridge smirks menacingly, "Get them."

Draco grabs Sam before anyone else can and whispers, "I'm sorry, I would've warned you not to come..."

"Would you have warned my friends?" She asks, but he remains silent.

Harry reaches for Sam, but gets grabbed by Filch. Umbridge escorts Sam and Harry to Dumbledore's office. Fudge, Percy, and Kingsley Shacklebolt join them.

"I've been watching them for weeks," Umbridge claims, "And see, 'Dumbledore's Army', proof of what I've been telling you right from the beginning, Cornelius. All your fear-mongering about You-Know-Who never fooled us for a minute."

Dumbledore remains calm and silent while she accuses him. Percy holds the back of Harry and Sam's robes, keeping them in place.

"Molly would be ashamed of you," Sam scolds Percy.

He doesn't respond as Umbridge continues, "We saw your lies for what they were: A smokescreen for your bid to seize control of the Ministry."

"Naturally," Dumbledore says casually.

Sam can hear his hint of sarcasm and refrains from laughing.

"No, professor. He had nothing to do with it. It was me," Harry claims.

"Actually, it was my idea," Sam corrects.

"Most noble of you, Harry, Sam, to shield me, but as it's been pointed out the parchment clearly says 'Dumbledore's Army' not 'Potter's' or 'Black's'. I instructed Harry to form this organization. And I, and I alone, am responsible for its activities."

"Dispatch an owl to the Daily Prophet," Fudge announces, "If we hurry, we should still make the morning edition."

"Godric, are you the Minister for Magic or paparazzi, Fudge," Sam scoffs.

"Mind your tongue, Black!" Umbridge shouts.

Fudge continues, "Shacklebolt you will escort Dumbledore to Azkaban to await trial for conspiracy and sedition."

Shacklebolt, who is a part of the Order, winks at Sam and Harry.

Dumbledore stands, "Ah, I thought we might hit this little snag. You seem to be laboring under the delusion that I'm going to... What was the phrase?... come quietly. Well, I can tell you this: I have no intention of going to Azkaban."

"Enough of this," Umbridge shouts impatiently, "Take him!"

Dumbledore winks at Sam and Harry before Fawkes, his Phoenix, swoops down above him and he claps his hands above him and they both vanish.

"Well, you may not like him, minister," Shacklebolt notes, "but you can't deny... Dumbledore's got style."

Sam grins at Harry who smiles back, before they're aggressively escorted out and back to their dormitories. The next day, the four watch as Filch adds a new Educational Decree to the wall that states, 'Dolores Jane Umbirdge has replaced Albus Dumbledore as head of Hogwarts.' New horrors await for all the students as Umbridge continues to make changes to the school. Removing all the paintings, announcing her horrid rules every morning, and adding more everyday.

The entirety of Dumbledore's Army had been given detention together for a month. They sit together in the Great Hall writing their lines. Being the bitch that she is, Umbridge makes Sam write the same sentence she has for every detention since the beginning. Making sure that it is etched into her skin permanently, she examines her hand after every detention. Harry, Ron, Hermione and the twins glare at Umbridge every chance they get, but they continue to look at Sam. They're all surprised that she hasn't lost control over her powers. What they aren't aware of is the fact that Sam is burying it all deep within so that when the time is right, she will have unlimited resources to unleash her wrath on the ones who deserve it.

Of course, she hopes that Umbridge is included in that line up, but the one enemy she will need all her strength for is Voldemort. She's saving it all up to stop him, but if Umbridge keeps hurting other students... Sam might have to make an exception. As they are all dismissed, they exit from the hall fuming.

"That ugly old cow," Hermione mumbles.

Harry steps up beside Sam, "Are you alright?"

She looks at him after being zoned out, "Oh, yeah. I'm fine."

Fred claps a hand on her shoulder, "Glad you didn't lose your temper and accidently wipe us all out."

She chuckles and rolls her eyes, "Sirius taught me well. Plus, I'm burying it deep. I'll unleash it eventually, but on the right people."