fluffy

A couple weeks later, the four of them go to talk with Hagrid about Snape.

"Nonsense! Why would Snape put a curse on Harry's broom?" Hagrid asks.

"Who knows? Why was he trying to get past that three-headed dog on Halloween?" Harry informs.

"Who told you about Fluffy?"

"Fluffy?" Ron asks, stunned.

Hermione turns quickly, "That thing has a name?"

"Of course he has a name. He's mine. I bought him off an Irish fellow I met down at the pub, last year. I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-"

"Yes?" Harry insists.

"Shouldn't have said that. No more questions! Don't ask anymore questions! That's top secret, that is."

"But whatever Fluffy's guarding, Snape's trying to steal it!" Sam persists.

"Codswallop. Professor Snape is a Hogwarts teacher."

"Hogwarts teacher or not, I know a spell when I see one. I've read all about them. You've got to keep eye contact, and Snape wasn't blinking." Hermione states.

Harry nods, "Exactly."

"Now, you listen to me, all four of you. You're meddling in things that ought not to be meddled in. It's dangerous. What that dog is guarding is between Professor Dumbledore and Nicholas Flamel."

"Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asks, turning to the other three.

Hagrid, realizing his mistake, "I shouldn't have said that. I should not have said that." He begins to walk off, repeating it like a mantra.

"Nicholas Flamel. Who's Nicholas Flamel?" Harry asks again, but this time to the group.

"I don't know," Hermione responds.