innocent

The door blasts open and Sirius climbs onto Buckbeak first, Sam climbs on and holds on as Harry wraps his arms around her waist. Buckbeak takes off again and Sirius laughs with glee. They land safely in the courtyard. They all clammer off and Sirius pets the hippogriff before sitting down on the bench.

"I'll be forever grateful for this to both of you."

"We want to go with you," Harry states and Sam nods with a smile.

Sirius grips both of their hands with so much appreciation, "One day, perhaps. For some time, my life will be too unpredictable. And besides, you're both meant to be here."

"But you're innocent," Sam insists.

Sirius gently pulls her down onto the bench, "And you know it. And for now, that will do." He pulls out an old moving picture and hands it to her. She looks at it as tears well in her eyes. It's a picture of her, her mum, and Sirius. He's holding her with love in his eyes.

"Your mother is still the love of my life. And I am so sorry I couldn't raise you and be with you all these years, darling. But please know that I thought of you everyday and it was the memory of you that kept me going." He pulls her in for a hug, she's been longing for, "I love you with all my heart."

He turns to Harry, "I expect you're tired of hearing this... but you look so much like your father. Except your eyes. You have-"

"My mother's eyes," he says as he smiles brightly.

"It's cruel that I spent so much time with James and Lily, and you so little. But know this: The ones that love us never really leave us. And you can always find them..." he puts his hand over Harry's heart, "In here."

He stands and walks over to Buckbeak, he climbs on top and looks at both of them, "You will see me again, soon," before he takes off in flight and disappears in the sky.

They both run back up the clocktower before the bell finishes chiming. They burst through the doors just as their past selves disappear.

Ron looks to them in startled confusion, "How did you get there? I was talking to you there, and now you're over there."

"What's he talking about, Harry?" Sam turns smiling at him.

"I have no idea," they both begin laughing, "Honestly, Ron. How can somebody be in two places at once."