Chapter 58: Should've Known

CHAPTER 58

“Let’s go on a date tonight,” Niall said munching on his bowl of cereal.

“Why does it seem like you only ask me out on dates when something goes wrong in our relationship?” That just spit out of my mouth. “I’m so sorry,” I said looking up Niall worried. He looked disappointed. “I did not mean to say that.”

“It’s kind of true though,” he said swishing through his cereal. “I am a terrible boyfriend.” I watched him as he got up and dumped the rest of his cereal in the sink.

“You’re not a terrible boyfriend Niall,” I said meeting him. “Okay yes you’re not the best, but every boyfriend makes their mistakes.”

“Some more hurtful than others,” Niall said turning to me.

“That’s true,” I said picking at my fingers. “But I’m trying to move forward from it. You definitely should too.” I looked up at Niall and he nodded his head. We stood there in silence when an idea came into my mind. “Is it ok if I plan the date then? Just to change some things up?”

“Ok,” he said smiling down at me. “Thanks by the way for forgiving me. I don’t know how you found the will to do it, but I’m very happy you’re giving me a second chance.”

“Doesn’t mean it won’t be that easy the next time you do something like this, Niall.”

“I know, I know,” he said holding onto my crossed arms, “Just thank you. I know I didn’t deserve it. I’m just glad you didn’t give up on me. I love you ok?”

“I love you too,” I said looking up at him before giving him a kiss.

**********

I was at the grocery store picking up some food for tonight when someone had bumped into me, dropping a few of my things.

“I’m sorry I didn’t see you there,” the other person had said. I looked up and it was Ashley.

“Anything else you want to be sorry for?” I mumbled walking away.

“Janelle! Please forgive me,” she said as she caught up to me. “It was a mistake.”

“Why didn’t you tell me then?!”

“I wanted to but Niall kept on saying that he wanted to be the one to break the news to you. But he kept pushing it further and further. I was only confronting him yet again last night when you caught us,” she said looking down. “Can we please talk over a cup of coffee? There’s a Starbucks down the road.”

“I guess,” I said after thinking it over. “Just let me grab a few more things.” Ashley walked away leaving me to grab some other things. After checking out, I walked outside and spotted her talking to some guy with a hoodie with his back turned towards me. She then spotted me, leaving the guy as he walked away as well.