Chapter 57: Strike Two

CHAPTER 57

I woke up and noticed that I was tucked into my blanket. I turned to my other side and found Louis lying down next to me. I looked at the time and it was only 9 am. I snuck out of bed and decided to take a shower. After getting dressed, I walked back out and found Louis still asleep. I walked out of my room and the house was completely quiet. I guess all the boys are still asleep. I walked downstairs and I made myself a cup of tea. I walked out to the backyard and took a seat on one of the chairs near the pool.

            What else could I be thinking about but last night? Never did I think I would feel so betrayed and foolish. How could I not have seen it before? They always had their secret meet ups. Last night just kept replaying in my mind. How long have they been keeping this secret from me? Are they together?

            I sat there crying into my hands and furiously running my hands through my hair until I felt someone wrap their arms around me. I looked up and it was Louis to my comfort again.

“L-Louis? What are you doing here?” I asked.

“Well I woke up to check on you, but you weren’t there. I look out the window and I see you sitting by the pool. If you don’t mind, I grabbed the rest of your tea for myself from the kettle,” he said showing me his cup.

“That’s fine,” I said recollecting myself.

“So, wanna tell me what happened last night?” Louis asked after a few seconds of silence.

“Niall cheated on me,” I said straight out. No point of hiding it. All the boys will find out eventually.

“What?” Louis asked choking on his tea.

“I was going to visit Niall before going to bed last night when I heard him and Ashley arguing in his room. I eavesdropped for a little bit and turns out Niall and Ashley slept together. I think they did it around Niall’s birthday because he said he’s been keeping the secret since then. Wow that’s two months since they kept that secret from me.” At that point I just started pacing.

“Did you talk to him?” Louis asked.

“Nope,” I said.

“You gotta talk to him Janelly.”

“I can’t talk to him right now Louis,” I said stopping to look at him. “Niall made it a huge deal that he wanted to be with me since the day I met him. He’s become my best friend and even the best boyfriend, but I guess all that doesn’t mean anything. He promised me no more secrets.” I sat back down on the chair and immediately broke out in tears again. I could literally feel the pain in my heart. My head pounded as memories of Niall and I turned into nothing. Without even knowing it, I grabbed my teacup and threw it across the pool, hearing it break into pieces on the other side.

“Ok ok,” Louis said bringing me into his comfort. “How about we get dressed and we’ll have another Louis and Janelle day? We haven’t had one of those in a while.” I nodded my head and slowly stood up. We both went back into the house and made our way upstairs. Louis went for his room, which as on the other side of the house, as I went towards my mines. I couldn’t help but stop by Niall’s room. I went to his door and I heard nothing but silence. Maybe he’s still asleep.