Chapter 13: A Long Night

CHAPTER 13

For the rest of the week school has gone by pretty good. I got to learn more about Ashley like how she has a younger brother, her parents are divorced, she came to live here with her mom, and how she plans to attend college here in Ireland as well. With Aaron, lets just say that things have been awkward. He would try to talk to me but I wouldn’t say much back. I just don’t feel as comfortable around him as I was 3 years ago. Every chance he gets, even if we see each other in the hallway, he would always talk to me.

            Well it’s Friday and I have my 2nd date with Harry tonight! I looked in the mirror and made some last minute touches to my outfit: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=90532968 Harry told me to dress fancy so the girl in me popped out. Lets just say I can get girly when I need to.

“Wow you look beautiful.” I heard as I walked downstairs. I looked up and saw Harry standing before me. My parents must have let him in. At that moment I just started blushing.

“Thank you,” I said happily. “You don’t so bad yourself,” looking at his blue blazer with a white shirt under, khakis, and fancy shoes.

“Well time to go,” Harry said sticking his hand out, and I gladly took it.

“So tell me why I had to get all fancied up,” I said to Harry as he was driving.

“It’s a surprise,” he said with a smile on his face and his eyes still on the road.

“Again with the surprises?”

“That’s what makes it interesting,” he said as he grabbed my hand. I smiled and just left it. After the first date with Harry, I know our date was in good hands. We drove for about 10 more minutes and we ended up in town. Harry parked the car on a road and he escorted me out.

“Is this where we’re stopping?” I asked looking around the streets.

“C’mon,” Harry said leading me out. We walked for a couple of minutes before we stopped at a restaurant. We got in and the place was beautiful. There were tables all around with candles lit on each one; there were vines on the walls, making it look like we were in a garden, a stage in the front, and a small dance floor in the middle of the restaurant.

“Harry, this place is beautiful!” I said looking around. A waiter took us to a table and we took our seats. We got our menus and of course everything was expensive.

“What do you want?” Harry asked popping out from his menu.

“I don’t know. Everything is so expensive.”

“Don’t worry about. Whatever you get I’ll pay for it.”

“Are you sure?” I asked nervously from my menu. “I mean you don’t have to.”

“Janelle, I’m a celebrity with loads of money. I think I can handle,” Harry said winking at me.

“Ok,” I said shakily. Even though Harry had a load of money, I shouldn’t take it to my advantage, so I just ordered a soup and salad. Harry and I made small talk throughout dinner and once we finished, the date didn’t end yet. Harry got up from his seat and walked over to my side of the table.

“Wanna dance?” Harry asked holding his hand out.

“Harry I can’t dance,” I said embarrassed. When it came to dancing, I was just horrible at it. I had very bad coordination you could say.

“Then I’ll teach you,” he said smiling.

“Fine,” I said getting up. We walked over to the dance floor and of course a slow song started playing.