Chapter 61: Reminders of the Past

CHAPTER 61

Dear Janelle,

            Mark and I decided that it was best to leave you for now. Knowing Aaron, he is on the chase looking for all of us. Don't worry about Aaron because we will both be watching over you. You may not see us, but we are. Please trust us Janelle. We love you like a sister. Although Mark may not have shown it as much, he does. We plan to turn ourselves into the police once Aaron is done with. We promise. Please be cautious and aware, Janelle. See you soon.

                                                                        - Ashley and Mark

I woke up to find this on the nightstand next to my hospital bed. I guess they left sometime within the middle of the night. Of course it wasn't easy to forgive Mark and Ashley, but I did. When I found out their background stories and understood why they gave into Aaron, I felt sorry. I knew that they were looking out for me and trying their best to protect me when Aaron held me captive.

*Flashback*

"Aaron, just give up," I said wiping some blood off my face. "I will never get back together with you. I love Niall and the boys. They are the most loyal and trustworthy people I've come across. For you Aaron, you're the worst person I've come across. I honestly don't know how I fell for you."

"You actually believe that those boys are loyal and trustworthy? Are you really that stupid Janelle? It amazes me how you don't even know what's under your own boyfriend's bed," he said laughing.

"What are you talking about Aaron?"

"It's ok," he said smirking at me. "There's no need seeing that you're never leaving my sight again."

"We'll see about that," I murmured, but I guess Aaron heard me because I was immediately thrown to the floor.

"Why won't you love me?" Aaron cried. Then giving me a kick to the stomach. "All I want is the best for you, but you keep making me hurt you!" A punch to the face. "What is it gonna take for you to love me?!" Next thing I know he steps on my hand.

"Aaron! Stop!" Ashley cried as she and Mark burst into the room.

"Who are you to tell me to stop?" It was then that I saw him slap Ashley on the cheek.

"Aaron!" Mark said coming in between them. "Calm down," he said eyeing Aaron in the eyes. After a few moments, Aaron groaned and stormed out of the room.

"Janelle, are you ok?" Mark asked. "Ashley can you go get some ice for both you and Janelle?"

"Sure thing," Ashley said excusing herself. Shortly after, Ashley came running in with two bags of ice.

"Don't worry Janelle. You'll be safe soon," Mark said resting the bag of ice on my hand.