Chapter 60: Back To You

CHAPTER 60

*Janelle’s P.O.V.*

It’s been three days. Three days without the boys. Three days without the girls. Three days without Niall. I miss his hugs, kisses, laugh, eyes, and smile, everything about him. Everyday Aaron always has something to say about the boys. And everyday I always end up with more bruises and cuts. Ashley and Mark have been assigned to look after me. Mark is still giving me the leg therapy I need while Ashley just patches up the cuts and bruises. They don’t say much to me, mostly because I would rather not talk to them. They give me sympathy looks, but I don’t need that from them, especially since they were the ones that betrayed me from the start. Turns out, Mark was actually one of Aaron’s good friends in school. I never met him because Aaron always came to me alone.

“You’re gonna regret meeting them Janelle,” Aaron said. “They may seem nice and caring, but deep down, they’re conniving, greedy, and shallow.”

“Shut up Aaron!” I shouted back, which in turn I got a blow to the stomach. I was getting weaker. I was trying my best not to shed any tears around him.

“Why do you keep defending them?” he asked. “You haven’t even known them for a year! You must be that stupid to actually believe that they are looking out for the best for you.”

“And what you makes you think you know everything about them?! All you do is hide in the shadows.”

“Oh, but Janelle,” he said smirking at me, “that’s where everything is. I know more than you think.”

“Than why don’t you just tell me and get it done with?”

“Now where’s the fun in that?” he said caressing my cheek. “I want you to feel the betrayal right in front of your face.”

“How can I do that when you got me trapped up in here smart-ass?” Another slap in the face.

“Would you stop with all the swearing please? You know I don’t like punishing you like that. But going back to our conversation, don't you worry about that. I have my ways,” he said winking at me. “Now get some sleep. Good night, my sweetheart. Sweet dreams,” he said closing the door. And that’s when I started my daily routine of crying myself to sleep.

**********

“Janelle! Get up!” I woke up and found Ashley hovering over me. “Let’s go.” Before I could say anything, she stood me up and headed out the door. We rushed down the stairs of the house and found Mark at the front door.

“What’s going on?” I asked still half asleep.

“We’re getting out of here. All of us,” she said looking at Mark.

“What? Wait what about Aaron?” I asked now fully wide-awake.

“He’s passed out in bed from drinking don’t worry about him,” Mark said opening the front door. I looked outside and I instantly felt the morning sun shining down on me. It’s been a while since I’ve been outside and actually seen the sun.