Chapter 3: Star Gazing

Chapter 3

"Niall? Is that really you?" I could not believe my eyes. My best friend was standing, physically, right in my doorway.

"The one and only," Niall says smiling. I immediately run up to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He was kind of shocked by my reaction so it took him a couple seconds for him to hug me back. I could hear everyone starting to laugh.

"I thought you were never going to come! I was about to send everyone home! Why didn't you answer any of my texts or calls?" I say while letting him go.

"Well my car broke down and my phone died. Call that bad luck. But then your dad drove by and picked me up," he says walking in.

"DAD, THANK YOU SO MUCH!" I yell as I run over to him. I don't think I've ever hugged him so tight before.

"Your welcome honey. Now can you let me go? You're choking me." he says trying to clear his throat.

"Oops sorry about that." I say letting him go. I wanted to talk to Niall some more, but as I turned around, he was already being hugged by his parents and talking to them. I saw the tears in all of their eyes. I could see that they missed each other so much. Seeing that he was finally reconnected with his family and friends, I knew that no matter when Niall would come home, it shouldn't matter because of the fact that he is home.

************

I haven't been able to talk to Niall again at all. He would always be talking to someone else and when he was free I would be talking to someone else. Talk about bad coincidence. Now I'm just lying on my bed looking at pictures of Niall and I. I had a whole board hanging above my bed covered with pictures of us. My favorite would have to be when Niall dumped my face into my cake at my sweet 16. 

*Flashback*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR JANELLLLLLEEE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!"

I didn't want anything big for my "sweet" sixteen so I just had a small party at my house. We were out in the backyard and everyone had just finished singing happy birthday to me. I blew out my candles and my dad looked like he was about ready to cut the cake, but my mom stopped us.

"Wait, honey I want a picture," my mom said getting the camera ready. Niall was sitting right next to me and I noticed that he had a devious smile on his face. I brushed it off thinking that he's probably doing that to creep me out so I just smiled for the picture.

"Ok ready! One..... two...... three!" Right on three I felt my face being pushed down into my cake and the picture was taken. I looked right back up and saw Niall standing above me laughing his butt off.

"NIALL!!" I screamed. "I'M GONNA KILL YOU!!" I got up and started chasing him around the yard. I gave up after a couple minutes seeing that I was never going to catch him. I went over to my mom and she showed me the picture. I started laughing as well with frosting still all over my face.