Chapter 7: A Date with an Interruption and Lies

CHAPTER 7

Aaron?!

How do you still have my number?! ~Janelle 

I never deleted it ~Aaron

Well I don't want to talk to you! ~Janelle

After that I shut my phone off and went to bed. Why did he decide to finally talk to me now after 3 years?! If he still has my number, how come he never texted or called me back from my attempts?! After we broke up, he moved away so I haven't talked or seen him in 3 years! It just brought back more memories about us: our first date at the movies, how he would walk me to class, the cute texts, how he was my first kiss... Stop it Janelle! You have a date with Harry on Friday!

*********

School was ok for the rest of the week. Aaron didn't text me back so I assumed he got my message. Good. Well today is Friday and I'm getting ready for my date with Harry tonight! He hasn't told me what we're doing so I'm just going to dress in a dressy casual outfit: polyvore.com/date_with_harry/set?id=89297337

My phone started buzzing on my bathroom counter and I got nervous. I hope that is not Aaron.

Coming up to your house soon! You have a lovely neighborhood lol ~Harry xxx 

Thank God it's Harry.

Ok! Wow stalker much? What what do you mean?! We live in the same neighborhood! ~Janelle xx

Was just saying haha. Well at your driveway so hurry up! ~Harry xxx

I walked downstairs and told my parents that I was leaving.

"Have fun!" both my parents said. I walked out and saw Harry waiting outside of the passenger side. I walked up to him and he opened the door for me. Awww what a gentleman! He got in the driver's seat and started driving off.

"So where are we going?" I asked Harry.

"It's a surprise."

"Aw c'mon! At least give me a hint!" I said pulling out my puppy dog eyes and pout.

"Nope," he said smiling with his eyes still on the road.

"Fine," I said giving up. We drove around for about 10 minutes until we reached a park a few miles away from my house. I recognize this park! This was where Niall and I would go when we were little kids for the playground and where we took walks together.

"Are we stopping here?" I asked.

"Yup," he said as he grabbed a picnic basket from the backseat, got out, and walked over to my side.

"A picnic in the park?"

"C'mon." He escorted me out, grabbing my hand, and led me to a small open, grassy area. From the picnic basket, Harry pulled out a blanket and a candle. I helped him set up everything and we took a seat.