Chapter 33: I Caused This

CHAPTER 33

*Niall’s P.O.V.*

“Mrs. Evergreen have you seen Janelle?” I asked as I ran up to her.

“I think she went up to her room. You can go look if you want,” Janelle’s Mom said as she was cleaning things up.

“Thank you!” I said running off. This could be my chance; my chance to finally tell her that she’s the one for me. I ran up to her room and didn’t see her there. I looked around and I noticed that her window was open. Of course.

            I climbed out of her window and went up to the roof, and there she was just lying down and looking at the stars.

“I knew I would find you up here,” I said.

“Oh hey Niall,” she said turning her head to me. I laid down beside her and joined in with her at looking at the stars. “Thanks for looking out for me Niall,” Janelle said out of the blue sitting up and looking at me.

“What are you talking about?” I asked sitting up too.

“That day when you saw all the hate I was getting,” she said sheepishly. “I should’ve let you help me.”

“No need Janelle,” I said smiling. “I understand that you needed your space and that I shouldn’t have just forced myself in.”

“Thanks anyway,” Janelle said smiling up at me.

“Janelle, there’s something that I’ve been dying to tell you,” I said nervously, looking down at my lap.

“Niall did you hear that?” Janelle asked looking around.

“Hear what?” I asked looking worriedly around.

“Never mind,” she said turning back to me. “So what were you saying?”

“Janelle, there’s no one else like you. When I met you, you were something special. Thank you for being my best friend. You were always there for me and you always end up putting a smile on my face,” I said placing my hands on hers. I looked into her brown eyes and I never felt so confident in my life. This was it. Here I go. “Janelle, what I’m saying is that I don’t want to be just friends anymore. Janelle I lo-“

“NO!” I heard someone shout from across the roof. I looked over and saw someone running… towards me.

“Niall watch out!” Janelle screamed pushing me out of the way. I heard a scream and then a big crash. I looked around the roof, but nobody was there. I looked over the roof and there was Janelle lying on a broken table.

“JANELLE!” I screamed as I climbed back down into Janelle’s room and ran downstairs. I ran out towards the back and I saw everyone that was still here crowding around here.

“Janelle!” I screamed out again moving my way through the crowd. I finally reached her and her whole family was trying to get her to open her eyes: her Mom, Dad, and CeCe.

“Somebody call an ambulance!” I yelled as I knelt down beside her. She had bruises going up her legs, a cut on her face, and her head was bleeding.

“What happened Niall?!” Mr. Evergreen desperately asked as examined his daughter.

“Someone pushed her off the roof,” I said still looking down at Janelle.

“Who was it?!” CeCe asked.

“I don’t know! Janelle and me were just talking when someone shouted out no and started running towards me! Janelle pushed me out of the way, which caused her to get pushed instead,” and that’s when I realized,” Janelle saved my life.”