Chapter 43: Aaron's House

CHAPTER 43

“We were able to locate the Hemmingway’s old house earlier this afternoon. They moved out in a rush, so all their furniture is still there,” Officer McCarthy said as he led us up to the front door. “My team is inside right now looking for anything that might tell us where Aaron is.”

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” Liam asked, and I nodded my head. It was just the boys and I. My parents, CeCe, and Ashley decided to just stay out of this one. We all walked inside and I remembered all the moments Aaron and I had in this house; the meals we made in the kitchen, the movies we watched on the couch, and the times where we just talked in the living room.

“How about we split up?” Liam asked the five of us.

“Bad things always happen when groups are split up! I mean look at Scooby-Doo! Shaggy and Scooby are always confronted by the bad guy!” Louis exclaimed.

“Louis, there’s police all over the place,” Zayn said. “You’ll be fine.”

“Yeah, but what if-“

“I’ll go with Janelle,” Harry said unexpectedly. Everyone’s gaze turned towards him, and then they all turned towards me. But I only looked at Niall’s. I know he wanted me to go with him, but I just can’t say no to Harry either.

“Ok,” I said sheepishly.

“Alright. Niall, you’re with Louis, and Zayn, you’re with me. We can go upstairs while you guys stay down here. Is that alright?” Liam asked looking over at me, and I nodded my head. Immediately, my phone started ringing. I took it out of my pocket and saw that it was Ashley.

“Janelle, turn on the TV. You need to see this.” And with that she hung up.

“Ashley said to turn on the TV,” I said looking around for the remote. After a few seconds, one the boys managed to find it and they turned the TV on. I flipped through the channels and that’s when I saw it.

“So here we are at the Evergreen residence, and we have some news to tell,” the female host said on the screen. “Janelle Evergreen, who was earlier dating One direction band member, Harry Styles, this year, has now moved on to band mate and best friend, Niall Horan. Let's take a look.”

            And that’s when our whole incident played out. There was Niall and I sitting on the back porch, and we were kissing. It was crystal clear that it was Niall and I. The blonde hair, the wheelchair, everything was crystal clear.

“That was a quick transition there Janelle,” the host said as the video ended. “How does Harry think about this? Does Harry even know about this? I mean, we didn’t really hear of a break up between them.”

            And that’s when I looked at Harry, and noticed how hurt he looked.

“Well that’s it for tonight. Directioners, tell us what you think on our webpage. Are you a Janiall shipper or are you for team Jarry? Or do you not like the idea of Janelle going out with either of them? Tell us your opinion! Good night everybody!” And that’s when I shut the TV off.

“Janelle? Niall?” Zayn asked as he eyed the both of us.

“We meant to tell you guys,” I blurted out. “We were actually talking about it earlier today,” I said sheepishly.

“Please don’t get mad at us,” Niall said wrapping an arm around me.

“We’re not,” Louis said smiling. “We’re actually happy for you guys. Congratulations!” he shouted before wrapping his arms around me.