the wedding

Mulai dari awal

He pulls out a few items and a piece of parchment. He waves his wand so the parchment unfolds and floats in front of him.

"Herein is set forth the last will and testament of Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore," he reads aloud, "First, to Ronald Bilius Weasley, I leave my Deluminator, a device of my own making, in the hope that, when things seem most dark, it will show him the light."

The Minister picks up the object and hands it to Ron. He looks at it in shock, "Dumbledore left this for me?"

"Yeah."

"Brilliant," he responds, "What is it?"

The Minister shrugs, so Ron opens the top and the lights in the front room float out of the lamps and into the Deluminator. When he opens it again, they return to their original places.

"Wicked," Ron breathes out.

"To Hermione Jean Granger, I leave my copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard, in the hope that she find it entertaining and instructive."

He hands her the book and she smiles slightly.

The Minister continues, "To Samantha Noelle Black, I leave a package, given to me by her mother, in hopes that what lay inside will guide her way."

The Minister picks up the package and gently hands it to Sam as he looks at it questioningly. Sam holds the parcel in her hands for a moment before placing it in her lap. She looks at him, waiting for him to continue.

"To Harry James Potter, I leave the Snitch he caught in his first Quidditch match at Hogwarts as a reminder of the rewards of perseverance and skill."

The Minister unwraps the Snitch slightly, but still holds it by the cloth as he hands it to Harry. Harry smiles at it for a second before looking back up at the Minister.

"Is that it, then?"

"Not quite. Dumbledore left you a second bequest: The sword of Godric Gryffindor. Unfortunately, the sword of Gryffindor was not Dumbledore's to give away. As an important historical artifact, it belongs-"

"To Harry," Hermione interrupts, "It belongs to Harry. It came to him when he most needed it in the Chamber of Secrets."

"The sword may present itself to any worthy Gryffindor, Miss Granger. That does not make it that wizard's property. And, in any event, the current whereabouts of the sword are unknown."

"Excuse me?" Sam asks.

"The sword is missing. I don't know what you're up to, Mr. Potter, but you can't fight this war on your own. He's too strong."

The Minister collects his things and quickly exits. They all look at their items in awe and wonder. Hermione turns to Sam.

"Aren't you going to open it?"

Sam looks at her package, "Not yet," she turns back to them, "We have a wedding to attend."

After the initial ceremony, they bring in tables for the reception and many people make their way to the dance floor. Sam notices Ron staring at Hermione across the room. She smirks slightly. She grabs Harry's hand and pulls him up to dance. He hesitates for a moment.

"I don't know-"

"Come on, the world is in shambles and we're at war... dance with me, in case it's the last chance we get for awhile," she smiles at him.

The truth is, she doesn't know if her next moments will be her last. It's similar to nearly everyone who is aware of the danger that surrounds them, but the others have hope of surviving this war. Sam knows she won't. She holds out her hand for him and he smiles as he takes it gently in his own. She leads him out to the dance floor and he rests his hands on her waist as she sets her on his shoulders.