battle for the sky

Start from the beginning

Harry turns to him and back to Moody, "No. No. This is different. I mean, taking that, becoming me. No."

"Well, none of us really fancy it, mate," George remarks.

"Yeah, imagine if something went wrong, and we ended up a scrawny, specky git forever," Fred jokes.

Sam laughs loudly, "Plus, think of it this way, if I'm spotted as me, they'll instantly try to capture me. It's better that they go for all of us equally."

"Everyone here is of age, Potter. They've all agreed to take the risk," Moody alerts, "Alright, Granger, as discussed."

Hermione steps up quickly and pulls a hair out of Harry's scalp who grunts, "Blimey, Hermione."

She gently releases it into the flash and Mad-Eye swirls it around. Everyone gets into a line and Harry steps forward to observe.

"For those of you who haven't taken Polyjuice Potion before, fair warning: tastes like Goblin piss," Moody informs.

"Have a lot of experiences with that, do you, Mad-Eye?" Fred inquires, but as he only receives a stern glare, he continues, "Just trying to diffuse the tension."

Sam smiles at his brilliant sense of humor, well, at least to her anyway. They pass around the flash and each grimace in their own way. As the bottle lands in her hands she scrunches her nose and downs the rest. She watches as the others begin to change and she, too, begins to shift.

The twins look at each other and in unison say, "Wow, we're identical."

"Not yet, you're not," Moody grunts as he tosses a large bag their way, filled with identical pairs of pants, shirts, and jackets.

"Haven't got anything a bit more sporting, have you?" George asks.

Luckily, Sam can even tell them apart by their voices. Oddly enough, she and Harry are the only ones that have ever been able to tell them apart with complete accuracy.

"Yeah, I don't really fancy this color," Fred adds.

"Well, fancy this, you're not you. So shut it and strip."

Sam and Hermione stand next to each other as they strip out of their old clothes, quite uncomfortably. Sam does everything in her power to not look too hard. She feels weird about looking, like it would be breaking his privacy. Hermione tries to do the same.

"You'll need to change too, Potter," Moody informs.

Harry grabs his own pair and begins to change as well.

"Harry, you're eyesight really is awful," Hermione remarks.

"Right, then," Mad-Eye announces, "We'll be pairing off. Each Potter will have a Protector. Sam, stick tight to me. I wanna keep an eye on you."

Sam nods and he continues, "As for Harry-"

Everyone who took the potion responds, "Yes?"

"The real Harry. Where the devil are you, anyway?"

Harry steps out from the back, "Here."

"You'll ride with Hagrid."

Hagrid steps up to him, "I brought you here sixteen years ago when you were no bigger than a Bowtruckle. Seems only right that I should be the one to take you away now."

"Yes, it's all very touching. Let's go," Moody interrupts.

They all move outside, and Sam grabs Fred, George, Ron and Hermione.

"You all better be safe. If I can't reach you with my protection-"

"Don't worry, little S," Fred begins, "We'll see you at the Burrow."