Draco watches the trio leave the hospital wing and he moves to sit next to Sam's bedside. He looks over her face and then down her body to find no more blood, but he can still see her dried blood on his hands. He lets his head fall into his hands.

"It should've been me... why did you have to- why do you have to save everyone all the time?"

He looks up at her eyes that are closed and her lips slightly parted. Her wet hair, sticking slightly to her face. He brings his hand up to move it out of the way and then he rests his hand on hers.

"Stop making me love you..." he whispers as his own tears fall.

He watches her chest rise and fall with every breath. He's thankful that she's still breathing, but he hates that she's the one laying here and not him. He would be vowing to kill Harry if he wasn't so angry with himself.

As the trio walks back down from the Room of Requirement where they hid the book, Harry looks at his hands that are still covered in her dried blood. His chest begins to vibrate as his emotions surface.

"How could I-" he stops walking and Hermione and Ron look at his hands.

Ron shudders at her blood on his hands and he tries to contain his own anger. Hermione notices his own struggle so she steps in, "You didn't mean to hit her. That's why we got rid of the book. Harry, you can't cast spells if you don't know what they do."

He shuts his eyes tightly, "I know. I know," his own tears begin to fall.

Ron sighs and walks up to him, he places a hand on his shoulder, "She's going to be okay."

"Will she? Will we?" Harry asks as his heart aches.

"You're Harry... and she's Sam," Hermione notes, "I think you'll both be okay."

Back at the Hospital Wing, Draco still sits with Sam. He rubs her hand with his thumb, waiting for her to wake up.

"Come on, Sam. You're the strongest person I know. Just wake up, please," he chokes out.

Her fingers begin to twitch and he looks up in hope as her eyes begin to flutter open. She squints slightly and looks around before her eyes fall on Draco.

"What happened?" She asks as her head throbs.

She tries to sit up, but he puts his hand on her shoulder, "No, you need to rest."

She begins to remember what had happened in the bathroom, "Are you okay?"

He looks at her in surprise and chuckles, "You wind up in the hospital after nearly bleeding to death and you ask if I'm okay?"

"Just thought I'd ask," she smiles at him and he feels his heart begin to beat again, "Where's Harry?"

He looks away and pulls his hand away from hers, but she grabs his again gently, "Hey, I'm happy you're here," she smiles at him.

"Next time a life threatening spell gets fired, don't jump in front of me," he orders.

She chuckles and the trio re-enter the room. Draco turns to look at them and feels his hatred for Harry return. Hermione grabs Harry's arm, just in case. Malfoy turns back to Sam and gives her a small smile before standing and walking out. He aggressively shoves his shoulder against Harry's. As he leaves, Ron runs over to Sam's side.

"Hey, S. How are you feeling?"

She gives him a loopy smile, "I'm fine. I'm doing just fine."

Hermione joins by her side, but Harry remains a good distance away. Sam looks for him and gives him a sad, but reassuring smile. Ron and Hermione look at each other and stand.

"We'll give you two some time," Ron states.

"See you tomorrow," Hermione squeezes her hand.

Even after they leave, Harry stays away. She continues to look at him even though he won't meet her eyes.

"Harry..."

He slowly looks up and she can see the pain behind his eyes. Her own eyes soften.

"Harry, will you stay with me?"

He stares at her like every word pains him, but he steps over to her and pulls up the chair closer. She holds her hand out for him and he gratefully holds it in his own.

"I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at your stupidity and poor reflexes," she chuckles, but he doesn't smile.

His head falls as his heart feels like it's tearing, "I keep hurting you... I promised not to and I hurt you more than anyone else."

She squeezes his hand, "Apart from laying in this bed, do I look hurt to you?"

He looks up and meets her eyes that seem to stare into him lovingly. 'How can she look at me like that after what I've done?' he thinks to himself.

"Harry, I'm okay. I know you wouldn't intentionally hurt me. I still feel safest when I'm with you," she reassures.

"How can you say that? You almost died and it's my fault," he says as tears fall.

She lifts her hand and wipes his eyes gently, "I love you. I will always love you."

He smiles as he continues to let his tears fall, "I don't deserve you, I never have."

She tilts her head, "You're right. You deserve so much more."

He leans over and plants a tender kiss on her forehead, "I am so sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

"I forgive you. I forgave you the moment I hit the floor."

"I love you so much," he whispers into her hair.