Sam covers her mouth in hopes she won't scream. Noticing her dilemma, Ron stands next to her and covers her eyes with his hands.

"Tell me what's happening," she begs Ron and he nods, even though she can't see it.

She can hear the dragon roaring and what sounds like fire.

"Is he okay? Tell me he's okay!"

Suddenly McGonagall comes up to her and says, "Miss Black, it might not be wise for you to be here."

She removes Ron's hands from her eyes, "I can't just leave! I have to be here to support him!"

She looks as the dragon almost hits him again and other people scream.

"And if you scream, Miss Black? Or you accidentally use your powers when he's in trouble?"

"I- please, professor. If something happens, I give full permission for Ron to knock me out."

McGonagall looks from the arena to Ron to her, "Fine."

Sam turns her gaze back to the arena as McGonagall walks away. Harry dodges many of the attacks until the tail hits him and he flies several feet into a rock. Sam covers her mouth in panic. Ron looks from Harry to her every ten seconds. Harry gets up and runs behind a rock just as the dragon shoots fire in his direction.

"Your wand, Harry! Your wand!" Sam shouts down to him.

He nods and shouts, "Accio Firebolt!"

The dragon spits for fire at him as he ducks behind the rock. Sam sees his broom flying towards him and he jumps on.

"Yes! Yes!" Sam shouts.

Ron cheers for Harry, glad that he's okay so far. Harry flies around the arena and reaches for the egg but misses as he has dodge more fire. The dragon breaks free of its chains and flies after Harry. He flies through the teachers tent and the dragon follows nearly killing all of them with its tail as it chases after him.

Fred and George stand up, "Yeah! Well done, dragon!"

Sam is too busy worrying to even laugh. Harry flies out of the arena and towards the castle. Sam and the others can no longer see him and wait not so patiently to know if he's okay. Sam stands anxiously and Hermione's bag begins to float off of the stands along with the books Neville was holding. They can hear the dragon roar. Ron smack her arms to get her to focus on him instead.

"He's going to be okay. He's the best flier around."

She only nods in return. She looks toward the castle in hopes of seeing him. She hears Harry scream and the dragon roar. The arena starts to shake a bit and Ron leans over.

"Do not make me knock you out, because I will. I don't want detention."

She tries to calm down and the arena stops vibrating. She looks out over the arena and finally sees Harry fly over the top. The whole crowd cheers loudly.

Sam shouts, "Yes! Yes!" in absolute joy.

He swoops down and collects the egg. Once the first task is finally complete, everyone heads back to the common room and as soon as Harry walks in, she nearly knocks him to the floor in a hug.

"I'm really happy you didn't scream or crush the arena," he says to her as everyone begins cheering his name.

"I almost did," she laughs.

The twins race over and scoop him up onto their shoulders as he holds up the egg for everyone to see. The crowd passes around the egg until it comes back around to Seamus.

"Go on, Harry. What's the clue?" He asks, handing him back the egg.

"Who wants me to open it?" Harry shouts.

Sam rolls her eyes but still smiles. She knows he's loving positive attention for once.

The crowd shouts back, "Yes!"

"Do you want me to open it?"

"Yes!"

He opens the egg and it immediately begins to shriek. Everyone drops to the floor holding their ears. Fred and George drop Harry in the process. He closes it quickly.

"What the bloody hell was that," Ron asks as he walks in the common room, "it sounded as horrible as Sam's screams."

Everyone laughs as Sam retorts, "Oh, piss off!"

Harry looks at him apprehensively while Ron looks at him sheepishly.

"Alright, everyone?" George hollers, "Go back to your knitting. This is going to be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in."

Ron walks up to Harry as everyone turns away to go back to what they were doing.

"I reckon you have to be barking mad to put your own name in the Goblet of Fire," Ron remarks.

"Caught on, have you? Took you long enough," Harry retorts.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you'd done it. Everyone was saying it behind your back," Ron persists.

"Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better."

"Well, you know I wasn't," Sam says while looking at a book with Hermione.

"Least I warned you about the dragons," Ron says.

"Hagrid warned me about the dragons," Harry insists.

"No, no, no, I did. No, don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be all right, you know after you'd figured that out."

"Who-? Who could possibly figure that out? That's completely mental," Harry notes.

"Yeah. Isn't it? I suppose I was a bit distraught."

They both halfway smile at each other. Sam and Hermione watching the whole scene.

"Boys," Hermione says incredulously, looking at them like they were both mental.