Chapter 23

The scent of cinnamon roamed the halls of the Noir Estate, the two lovers relaxing in the gargantuas library within the mansion.

Tom had been looking through the shelves for over two hours, Eve peacefully sitting on the sofa, absorbed into a book. Although she promised him a house tour, the library soon became a favorite as Tom refused to leave it.

"What have you got there Evie?" Tom questioned, emphasizing the sweet nickname of her's. Eve slowly looked up from her book, her eyes meeting his as he climbed down the ladder.

"The Hunchback of Notre-Dame", Eve replied, her eyes turning back to the book. She found it interesting how lust could ruin somebody's life. A total somebody.

"I've never heard of it", Tom responded. "It must be a Muggle book". His voice shuttered a bit as he said Muggle, as though it were an awful thing.

"My father used to read it all the time while mother braided my hair", Eve calmly said, remembering how perfect everything seemed before he passed away. She turned a page of her book, her deep brown eyes absorbing the words that were printed onto the page.

Tom sat down next to Eve, his eyes watching her. How does someone look so lovely when reading something that seems absolutely dreadful? Tom thought to himself. He laid back on the sofa, head leaning against the back rest. Tom felt something hard lay on his lap, causing him to look down.

Eve laid her head on Tom's lap, his hands slowly combing through her black silky hair. She deeply sighed as she closed the book, making sure to mark where she was at. She looked up at him, her huge eyes filled with amusement.

"Do you want me to show you the rest of the house?" Eve said slyly, her trademark wry smile crawling across her face again. She closed her eyes, enjoying the comfort of being near Tom.

I love him, I think I do. No Eve! He can't love you, it's impossible. Her thoughts argued back and forth with each other.

"Of course my little girl", Tom huskily replied, watching her stand up. He stood up himself, noticing how much smaller Eve was compared to him. She grabbed his hand, leading him out of the library and into the main hallway. The plethora of doors on either side intrigued Tom, as he hadn't been in such a huge house.

"I think every room is either a room for like daily activities or bedrooms", Eve explained, opening one door after another. A door opened to reveal a lounging game room, pool table in center with other small tables and a huge window across the room.

"Do you know how to play pool?" Eve smirked. She was a professional at pool in her own view. Tom looked down at her.

"I haven't heard of it", he replied. "Muggle game?"

Eve threw him a glare. "Come on Tom, it's very fun. Plus if you win, you get to do whatever".

"What happens if you win darling?"

"We explore the rest of the house".

"I'd love that", Tom huffed sarcastically. Eve rolled her eyes, smiling.

Eve shot him a wry smile, grabbing two cues for her and Tom off of the rack. She closed the door behind them, walking over towards the table. Removing the triangle rack, Eve looked at Tom, who's eyes have been on Eve the whole time.

"The objective of the game is to get a ball in every single pocket using this cue ball", explained Eve as she pointed towards the white ball on the pool table. "However, if you manage to get the 8-ball into one of the pockets, you lose".

Tom smiled at her. "Let's play". Eve smiled at him as she struck the white ball, allowing it to hit 13 and 9 into two separate pockets. She smiled as she straightened out her back.

"Your turn love", Eve teased. She watched as Tom's cue struck, the white ball hitting 4, 5, and 7 into three separate pockets. Eve gave him a playful smile.

"Aren't you so marvelous", she gloated sarcastically. Tom smiled at her mischievously.

"Always for you Evie", he said, his smile becoming more sinister. He watched as her as she made her move, the colorful balls going into their own pockets. He smiled at her.

"I can't wait to win angel", Tom said smoothly. Her concentration was being interrupted by Tom's hand on her waist.

"Tom stop you're going to make me lose", Eve snapped playfully. He chuckled darkly.

"You're so beautiful, why don't you strike now?" he suggested, watching her strike as the 8-ball flew into one of the pockets. Eve could feel the hear rise up to her cheeks.

"You made me lose on purpose", she said in a playfully defeated tone. Eve could feel Tom's lips against her neck, softly kissing her sweet spot.

"We are not fucking in my dad's game room", she announced. "Let's go to your room". Tom smiled at her, opening the door of the game room.

"Ladies first", he smirked as she walked by him. He began to notice how short her skirt was when she swiped against him, their bodies touching briefly. It had been hours since they had spoken with Cordelia, who they haven't seen since dinner.

The two teen lovers ran down the long hallway, laughing as Eve nearly tripped over a bump in the carpet. Tom smiled as he opened the door to his room, pulling her close to him as he closed the door behind her. Their lips attacked each other, hands all over each other. Tom made sure to his hands touched every part of Eve, kissing her neck delicately.

However their passionate affair had been interrupted by the sound of a knock coming from the door. Eve immediately dove under the bed, grabbing her shirt that laid on his bed.

"Tom, have you seen Evie?" Cordelia asked as she walked in. She wore a blue robe with her light brown hair in a low ponytail.

"I believe she's in the bathroom", Tom lied. Cordelia studied his face before nodding.

"Alright, well if you see her, please tell her I said goodnight", Cordelia said before leaving his room. "Goodnight Tom".

Tom smirked as he pulled Eve from under his bed, laying her on his bed. He kissed her lace covered breasts, holding onto her as if it were the last time they would ever feel each other.

"I don't think we should have sex when my mom is home", Eve announced. Tom smiled at her.

"Darling you said I could do anything if I won", he said darkly. "Plus it's always fun to challenge yourself to remain quiet". Eve smiled as she sat up and pulled Tom down onto her as they kissed.

"To be quite fair, I'd rather be like this all night", Tom answered as he kissed her forehead. He wanted to hold her. To keep her safe. She's mine, nobody else's, Tom thought as he stroked his finger down her cheek. He hated how Lestrange would stare at her when she was with her friends or how Malfoy would always try to pathetically get in between Eve and him. Eve was his, only his.

"Darling", Tom whispered as Eve closed her eyes.

"Hm?"

"You're mine and only mine".

"I know Tom".

"I'd kill people for you".

Eve opened her eyes to see Tom staring at her. She smiled at him but she felt strange. Why the fuck would he say that?