Chapter 33

Eve sat in her bed, flipping through a massive book. The school year was coming to an end, the exams being the most stressful thing ever.

The endless amount of studying would hopefully pay off, Eve thought as she ran her fingers through her hair, releasing the tension. She shut her eyes, taking a huge break. The girl had already created a brief draft of summer and the activities she would be doing.

Hang out more with Cleo and Rhea, have cute little dates in the forest behind my house with Tom. Possibly go shopping, Eve noted as she stared at the window. A knock on the door interrupted the girl from her thoughts.

"Come in", Eve said loudly. The door pushed open, Tom's figure appearing. He quickly checked to see if Rhea was in, which she wasn't. He then shut the door behind him and walked towards Eve, sitting on her bed.

"Are you still staying at the Noir Estate with me over the summer?" Eve asked as she closed her book, staring at Tom. He ran his fingers through his dark chocolate curls, sighing.

"Of course darling. However I may be at the Malfoy Manor a lot due to academic activities", Tom answered. Eve nodded slowly, laying on her stomach. Tom sighed as he laid down across her bed, their bodies from a T-like shape on her bed. He held her face, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"Are you excited for summer though?" Eve asked as she sat up, looking down at Tom. He laid on her bed, arms resting behind his head.

"Of course darling. I'll be with you for a majority of it", Tom smiled. Eve smiled back at him, laying her hand upon his chest.

This would be the perfect moment to say 'I love you' but I don't want to ruin anything, Tom thought. What if I'm a coward?

"Let's get to packing, shall we?" Eve asked. "The train leaves for London tomorrow".

"I know my little girl", Tom replied. "I just want to spend some alone time with you".

"We'll have plenty of that time when we get to the estate", Eve stated. She twisted the ring around her finger, noticing how the energy slowly penetrated her veins instead of shocking her like it normally did.

Tom must have noticed this two as he held Eve's handing, inspecting the ring on her finger. He then placed a kiss upon her hand, stroking her finger that wore the ring.

"Eve, I just wanted to say that-", Tom swallowed, his heart beating out of his chest practically. He wanted to tell her how much he loved her, how he would always care for her, how he would protect her from the malicious things in the world. But he couldn't.

"Say what Tom?" Eve whispered. She knew he wanted to say that he loved her, that he would protect her, but she knew he couldn't.

"I wanted to say that I genuinely care about you", he breathed. Eve softly smiled at him.

It wasn't an 'I love you' but it was still something. She felt herself lay down again, her body curling up next to Tom's.

"You mean so much to me, my little girl", Tom whispered as he sat up to kiss her face.

"Rhea", Eve said. "Have you seen my black slip dress?"

"Which one? You own like a million".

"It had like a lacy trim and-"

"Oh yeah", Rhea said. She threw Eve a black dress that Eve managed to catch. "That's it".

"Thank you".

The girls were packing as Hogwarts was closing for the summer holidays. Eve sighed as she looked up at Rhea.