Chapter 15

Eve woke up, a headache coming on immediately. Her eyes scanned the room she was in, realizing there was only one bed.

How did I get to Tom's room, she thought. Sitting up, she felt two hands pull her back down to the bed.

"Please don't go", Tom said in his morning voice.

Eve felt little butterflies grow in her stomach. She then remembered the girl he was kissing last night. Her stomach immediately churned in pain.

"I have to go Tom", she said.

"Stay here", commanded Tom. He seemed more awake. Eve turned to look at him, her eyes falling on his muscular chest. She then looked away, feeling her heart fall into her stomach.

"Why did you kiss that girl?" she asked, not looking at him.

"Darling what are you talking about?" he said. Of course he had no recollection of any of the events from the previous night.

"Never mind Tom", Eve stammered as she stood up. "I have to find Cleo".

"Why are you leaving all of a sudden?" he asked, his voice more stern now.

Eve turned around to look at him. Their gazes fell upon each other, their eyes traveling up and down each other's body.

"Tom I have to go", Eve said. He could hear a hint of annoyance in her voice.

Tom leaned over towards her, holding onto her waist. He pressed a kiss on her forehead, inhaling her scent that was combined with the alcohol.

Eve watched his eyes as they bore into her's. It was as though he could read all her secrets but he couldn't.

"I'll see you later Tom", she said before leaving his dorm.

Tom sighed until he realized what she was talking about. He remembered everything from the night before, how some random girl pushed him into a corner, making out with him. Fuck how could I fuck up already? I have to persuade her into joining me, he thought to himself.

Eve made her way into the Slytherin common room, noticing how messy it was. There were people everywhere, sleeping or smoking. She noticed Cleo, who seemed to be sleeping on top of Abraxas on one of the sofas.

"Cleo", Eve said gently. She watched as Cleo moved a bit, her hands grasping onto Abraxas a little more.

"Cleo, it's me, Eve", she said once again. Cleo inhaled deeply before lowering her head onto Abraxas's shoulder, falling into an even deeper sleep.

Eve observed them both, how perfect their bodies seemed to match each other. She stood up and started to make her way back to her own dorm.

Tom stared at his diary for a bit before opening it up.

I feel something. Although it isn't love, I feel as though I am becoming more possessive over her. Whenever I see Abraxas go near her, it's like I want to slaughter him. I want to make her mine but it's so hard to understand someone that won't even open up, he wrote. He sighed, walking around his room.

Tom craved Eve, not just in a lovingly way but in a lustful, dirty way. He found a sheet of paper and began to write on it.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower. 10 pm sharp.
~T.R.

Eve was fresh out of the shower when she began to think about Tom again. She knew he couldn't love as it was impossible for him to even feel it but she felt warm whenever she thought of him.

Her heart would slightly skip whenever she saw him but she remained her stoic composure around him at all times.

She laid on her bed, realizing everything at once.

I am developing feelings for Tom Riddle.

She shook her head. She refused to love, feeling as though commitment was something only the weak-minded did. She loved being independent, she felt strong. However the only reason why Evangeline refused to love was because of her mother. Watching her mother come home drunk was awful, especially for a young child who had lost her father.

Plus Evangeline didn't dare open up. No matter who it was, she couldn't trust a soul.

She laid her head on her pillow, watching Jinx as he crawled to the door then sticking his paws under it. She stood up as she heard footsteps leaving her door.
Walking over to Jinx, she noticed a folded sheet of paper.

"What have you got there Jinx?" she asked, leaning down to grab the paper. Her eyes widened at the contents of it.

Meet me at the Astronomy Tower. 10 pm sharp.
~T.R.

Her heart began to race. Maybe I should engage in mindless sex with Malfoy or Avery, she chuckled to herself. She sighed, putting the slip of paper in the waistband of her underwear.

"See you tonight Tom Riddle", she said.

The Great Hall was normally empty on Sundays. It was roughly 8:47 in the morning when Tom got down to breakfast. He hoped she received his message.

"Do you recall anything?" Atticus said, drinking his orange juice.

Tom sat down next to Robert, who was currently stuffing his face with bacon.

"Absolutely not", said Jude. "Hey Riddle".

"Is it true?" Fabian asked as he neared the boys.

"Is what true?" Tom said. Not only did he have the worst hangover ever, but he also felt like pure shit.

"That you punched Malfoy because he was smooching new girl Noir?".

Tom then remembered the events of the previous night at a sudden rush.

"Oh my God", he murmured. "I did punch Malfoy".

"Yeah he got knocked out after you left with Noir", Jude said. "Speaking of her, are you guys fucking?".

Tom looked up at Jude with pure hatred.

If looks could kill, Jude Avery would have been decomposing already.

"No, I'm not fucking new girl Noir", Tom mocked. He stood up. "I'm going to go out for a walk".

The boys continued talking while Tom left, their voices become more and more distant. Why do I feel this way about Eve?

Eve sighed. She hadn't felt hungry due to the massive headaches she had been feeling. Rhea walked in, looking as if she had been dunked in water then left out to dry.

"Sorry for being so late", Rhea began. "I was busy trying to sneak back into the school".

"Where were you last night?" asked Eve. She didn't recall seeing Rhea or Robert Mulciber at the party last night.

"Mulciber and I went exploring around the school grounds", Rhea admitted. I knew it, Eve thought.

"That's fun, I'm gonna go out for a walk somewhere", Eve said, leaving her dorm. It was getting colder due to the weather changes. October was coming close. My birthday, Eve thought. She smiled for a bit, continuing to walk.

Sneaking onto the Black Lake seemed more than easy and it was. Eve found a perfect spot in front of the lake, sitting down on the ground. She lit a cigarette and watched the water.

Tom stood behind a few trees, watching Eve. He had followed her to the Black Lake and was now watching her smoke a cigarette. She seemed so at peace, her black hair flowing behind her.

He felt the want to approach her, to talk to her, to hold her, but he wanted to wait until tonight.

Turning around, he hoped she would show up at the tower tonight.