Chapter 51

⚠️
Eve sat on her bed, mascara streaking her cheeks as the smoke from her cigarette dripped out of her mouth.

It had been a few hours since the party had ended and Eve was in absolute shambles.

"I can't believe it", Eve said. "And while I was tripping out on acid too". She tapped the ash onto her leg, not caring if it burned her.

Cleo and Rhea could hear the obvious pain in Eve's voice as she spoke. They felt hopeless as they watched their friend grab the bottle that sat on her bedside table, chugging the burning alcohol. She closed her eyes, trying to relieve the weight that sat on her chest.

"I can try to get Robert to talk to him", Rhea spoke softly. She stared at Eve, who was staring out into space.

"He doesn't have to", Eve began. "Tom and I are over".

Rhea and Cleo looked at each other, feeling nothing but utter despair for their dearest friend. Cleo laid her hand on Eve's, trying to figure out what to say.

"I'm so sorry Eve", Cleo said. "If it makes you any better, you're always welcome to cuddle with Brax and I".

Eve slowly turned to face Cleo, a look of confusion and concern scribbled on her face.

"Alright", Eve said doubtfully. "I guess".

"I don't mind it", Cleo spoke. "Plus I know you, you wouldn't be a home wrecking bitch like Aurelia".

Eve nodded, taking a long drag from her cigarette. Her eyes trailed all over the room, feeling that sharp pain strike her again as tears began to well at her eyes.

"Seventeen and single", Eve muttered. "Maybe I'm not made for love".

Cleo kissed Eve's temple, hugging her friend tightly.

"Everyone's made for love", Cleo began. "Sometimes, it just takes a bit longer to find someone that completes us".

"Maybe I should date girls", Eve began. "They're less complicated".

"Would you?" Cleo asked as she stared at Eve.

"I do go both ways", Eve began. "But Tom. He makes me feel completely happy. It's like a puzzle piece that's found a place to fit in perfectly".

Cleo sighed as she rested her head on Eve's shoulder. Rhea sat on the foot of Eve's bed, softly stroking Jinx.

"I hope he gets back to his senses", Rhea spoke.

"I hope he fucks off", Eve said before tapping the ash off of her cigarette.

"Aurelia's so great", Tom said as he sat down next to Jude in the Great Hall.

It was Monday, the day that Eve dreaded due to the known fact that she would have to face everyone she saw at the party.

Rhea and Robert sat across from Tom and Jude, Rhea's eyes glaring at Tom.

"What?" Jude choked, staring at Tom with disbelief.

"Aurelia", Tom began. "Isn't she the most magnificent girl ever?"

Jude and Robert traded disgusted stares with each other, concern washing over them.

"What happened to Eve?" Robert asked, now feeling fear for his beloved leader.

"Eve?" Tom asked. "I haven't got a clue".

Rhea felt her heart drop as Tom said this. She stared at the doorway, hoping to not see Eve.

"Aurelia?" Jude asked. "Since when the fuck did you start caring about her?"

"Since forever", Tom said in an unusually dreamy state. "There she is".