Chapter 55

The feeling of Eve's body laying near Tom is what calmed him as he traced circles onto her skin.

The girl laid between his legs, her head on his chest, his arms wrapped around her as he read a book, breathing sharply sometimes.

Tom hadn't killed someone out of anger in a long time, but Judas deserved it.

No one was ever allowed to lay their filthy hands on his precious Evangeline. Not even Cleo but Tom let it go because she wasn't much of a threat unlike Judas.

The candlelight flickering made the room barely dim but Tom felt as though the sun rays had somehow overtook the darkness of the Black Lake, shining through the window.

However, it was the obsession and the unusual feeling of butterflies in his stomach whenever he saw Eve.

She gently moved her head, her arms clasping behind his neck like a hanging monkey with velcro on its hands. Tom laid the book down onto the table beside his bed, closing his eyes as he stroked Eve's hair.

Thirst.

That's what woke up Eve, a massive headache coming on from the previous night of drinking and-

She opened her eyes, taking in the details on the room until the scent of pine, cologne and cigarettes hit her.

She laid in Tom's bed; on top of him, his arms wrapped around her.

Eve pushed herself up gently, moving to the side to grab the glass of water that laid on the bedside table. She felt herself calm down as the cold water hit her throat, leaving her satisfied.

"Don't go", Tom spoke, his eyes staring at Eve. No matter how tired he was, his stare always felt so brooding and intimidating.

"Wasn't planning on it", she mumbled. Tom pushed Eve back down onto his chest, kissing down her neck softly. His heart was pounding its way out of its ribcage when he heard Eve giggle a bit, a smile plastering on his face.

Eve inhaled his scent deeply, never wanting to let him go. But she knew that the pain would soon strike her once more if she stayed with him. He had cheated on her with the girl she despised the most.

Yet here she was, laying in his arms, wanting to never let him go.

"Judas this, Judas that", Cleo began. "Can't they just shut up? It's been a week since he died and everyone is still blabbering about him".

"They probably aren't over it because he's a Pureblood", Eve said. "It's highly unexpected".

However Eve knew why Judas was dead and she was happy about it.

"Hey bitch", Cleo said as they entered Eve's dorm. Rhea looked up, smiling.

"Hey slut".

"Get dressed", Cleo began. "We're going dress shopping!"

Eve felt her stomach dropped upon hearing this, realizing that she wouldn't have a date to the Yule Ball. Maybe Tom could - does he even dance?

"Let me just throw on something", Rhea began as she stood up. Eve bit her lip, staring at the ground as she began to contemplate her choices.

"Have you got any idea as to what color scheme we're choosing?" Eve asked as the girls waited for Rhea to get dressed.

"Actually I believe so", Cleo began. "You see, I was thinking Rhea could wear a deep grey or black dress because it is the only color she wears".

Eve nodded at this statement, thinking of what other colors she would possibly look delightful in.