Chapter 40

Seokjin POV

"Taehoon," I open my eyes and meet the flower knight who attempts to infiltrate as I speak a failure one.

"Hasung, what are you doing here, I'm on the mission right now," The flower knight cutely-- 

'Wait, are they in a relationship' I thought as I kept watching them. The knight swing back and forth his body, the knight, I bet he pointed out something. 

"Are you alright my love?" The knight asked calmly-- how romantic.

"Well, the prince isn't well and..." The flower knight suddenly noticed me. 

"Wait, you..." He pointed at me.

"Me?"

"Yes, you..." He grimaced, which reminded me of Taehyung's signature boxy smile. 

"Oh! I remember you, you're the prince....ah, I mean the prince's twin brother." He thinks about, speaks again and then the girl with a long white satin gown. 

"Haesung, can you just shut your mouth, we agree to come with and don't spoil the details." I lowered in  more oddment than the Haesung guy looked at the woman with satin gown again with embarrassing  stare. 

"Yesung sent us here. The prince." Both eerie couples stare at me-- I wonder if I did something wrong?

~~~~~~~~

"The prince want to talk to you after we arrive to the shore, he's in the castle, more to say the King chamber." Haesung explained while accompanying our path to the King chamber. The place never changes except when someone takes the place where I used to occupy. 

As we arrive a couple of edge knights and maids wearing a long green dress along with a weird hair Korean old fashion outfit that, I've never seen before guarding the King's chamber. 

On command of Taehoon which I already forgot. He is one of the second command of the Edge knight, still, curiosity grows. This man helps my husband to train him in combat and at the same time, he's serving the king as one of the high ranking in the king's knight-- this is getting more and more complicated. 

They announce our arrival, and we go inside, Haseung along with a couple priests behind Taehoon and me. 

The stare of the prince silently greets us, however, he is not alone. I familiarize the man, he is the eerie man in the forest. He's the one who hunts the monster and brings Yoongi and I to the island. 

The man bows at and same as the people behind. I didn't speak, not my intention to ruin everything. The maid prepares the table with a golden and copper tea set arranged with a variety of foods. The food is too much for all of us―  are they gonna feed a family of 12. 

"Have some dinner." I flinched on the prince's voice, I met him on the second, his voice startled me. I nodded in response to him. Looking around and note the people only watching, which is eldritch. 

"Are they not eating along with us?" I shift my regard to the person starting to eat.

"They are the servants, according to castle law. They prohibited feasting among us." The prince explained, and I sigh. I cannot oppose their laws. I first dig into the black noodles. This is one of Yoongi's favorite foods. 

"You love that?" The prince suddenly commented on my action. I nodded, and he breathes along with melancholic smile marks on his face. 

"Yunki, also love that," He said and proceeded on his gracious eating. I cleared my throat, this question kept bugging on my mind a long time ago and this is the right time to ask. 

"Your highness--" 

"Don't call me that, we are brothers." I was stunt and shocked. All things still not process on my mind and this.

"W-what do you mean?" 

"You heard it, right we are brothers. The man on the right," He pointed the man bearing a black and white monk clothes as the bow on both of us. "He's name is Yesung." My eyes widened as he transformed himself into the person I knew from my whole life. 

"Seokjin, you're the prince's twin brother. A long time ago. The queen gave birth to the twin. Having a born twin is a curse to the Kingdom. Your mother didn't want to kill you, so she summoned me.  I transfer you to the other time. The story of your background is just a made-up story. I shift myself among the people who work in the orphanage and use my magic to promote me as the head of the orphanage. I process all of your papers and make sure the one who can adopt you, will give love and happiness to those who can live as one of them. The old couple is a perfect match, still, my duty didn't end there. I'm still watching you--" 

"Like a stalker," the whole people look in the chamber came out a jokw which is not, and stare at me. Yesung cleared his throat.

"Please my prince, let me finish my story." I chuckle, embracing the whole chamber looking at me. I nodded and Yesung continued his story. 

"The time pass by, The prince has a relationship to the King, however--" 

"After the battle the King got poses of an evil spirit." The prince continued. "We need the help of your husband, he is the only person who can defeat the King. 

"So... what this thing does to me?" I finally dig into this revelation. 

"As we speak the priest decides to bait on you so the King decides to talk you back to your home and help your husband to allure him here." I glowered. 

"Wait, I'm still confused so this means, the priest showed my face to the King, saying to the king. I was the prince, that was my thought at first, but that's beside my point. You use me to take my husband... I-i got confused. I massage my forehead still, not processing everything. 

"I know, it's hard to understand, some things need a further and deep explanation, as Yesung says, "Your brother, our mother sent you to time, where are you and you met your husband. We need your husband help to defeat the King, he's the only person can fight him." He explained more, at least. I fully understand-- almost. 

"So... you guys tell me, if this is over. I cannot go back?" 

~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading.

Please vote,share and comment a nice things

Borahae 💜💜💜

Reign in life