Primo Victoria

Warning: eyeballs, attempted murder, implied human experimentation

***

As evening fell on Hope's Peak Academy, Kokoro sat in the shared living space of her dorm, reading a lengthy book on world history. She was getting to the section of World War 1 about the weapons used when her handbook buzzed with a message notification.

Yasuke: we did another test run of the neo world program

Kokoro narrowed her eyes, having a feeling that the result of this run may vary. The first time they ran it and notified her, a subject was rendered braindead, her code was given to Yuri to be made into an AI, and her paralyzed body was sent off to her aunt's laboratory. She typed back with caution, hoping that this run would not result in another victim.

Kokoro: how did it go? is yuri needed again?

Yasuke: no, this time was a successful run. the subject came out intact, but the graphics weren't loaded since we were just working on the transfer of the subject's consciousness after what happened last time

Kokoro: if you need my help for working on the testing phase, i'm available to come over tomorrow

Yasuke: sure, we'll need someone to help stabilize the graphics and make them compatible with the subject's avatar

Kokoro breathed a sigh of relief and turned her handbook off. Picking up her book and her handbook, she walked into her bedroom sleepily. Inside, Emma was sitting on the bed and looked up at the psychologist when she heard her girlfriend enter. "Hello, Kokoro. How are you doing?" She asked.

"Not bad. The recent test run of the Neo World Program was a success, according to Yasuke." Kokoro relayed, walking over to the bedside table to place her handbook down before climbing onto the bed and sitting on the taller girl's lap. 

The actress wrapped her arms around her midsection, adjusting their position so that they were both comfortable. "I wouldn't trust that little gremlin with a 10-foot pole, but I'm glad you received good news on the project." She held Kokoro a little tighter, letting out a little hum as she felt the psychologist relax against her.

"You seem tired." Kokoro observed. "I'm going to continue reading my book, but you're more than welcome to fall asleep when you want to."

Kokoro turned her attention back to the history book in her hands, continuing to read about the history of the world. She read about the battles of World War 1, the Treaty of Versailles, the Great Depression, the beginning of Germany's 'Reign of Terror', and most of the battles of the second world war. 

As she was getting to the page about Operation Overlord, better known as 'D-Day', she felt a light pressure on the back of her head. She listened closely and heard a bit of snoring, guessing that Emma was asleep at that point. In addition, the actress's arms were slack around the psychologist's midsection.

Kokoro decided to just bookmark her page, switching it out for the student handbook on the bedside table. When she opened it, she saw Setsuka in the group chat reminding everyone that was prescribed anything for therapy to take their medication and go to sleep. Kokoro shut her handbook off, out it and her glasses on top of her book, and turned out the light. 

She leaned against Emma's front and raising her girlfriend's head so that she could breathe better and that both of them would be comfortable. Closing her eyes and relaxing her body, Kokoro slipped into slumber, wrapped in the actress's embrace.