Becoming Normal

Sora smiled as she opened up the curtains, seeing as it was a bright and sunny day. She turned around with bright eyes to her girlfriend. "Ruko, today's the day!" She exclaimed.

Today, Ayame had gone away to a tournament and would be away for several days, leaving Akane alone. What she and Sora had initially planned to do was go to the south side of Hope's Peak Academy and browse through the stores, something that they've never done before.

However, Yoruko had overheard them talking and offered to just take them to a mall. When they asked her if she was even able to do it, she reminded them that she had just got her driver's license the other day. Having never been to a mall, the Taira sisters were ecstatic and began counting down the days until they could visit one.

"I'm aware of that. Let's get dressed and eat breakfast first, then we can tell your sister to meet us in the lobby." Yoruko replied, bemused by her girlfriend's enthusiasm.

Sora chuckled to herself. "Sorry, Ruko. I got a little too riled up, didn't I?"

In truth, Sora had never even heard of a mall up until a few years ago when her and Akane's employer at the time told them to clean her house while she went to one. With their constant homelessness and Sora taking any job she could to get food on her and Akane's makeshift table almost every night, she never had time to go into one. With the occasional nights of having to steal scraps or going to bed hungry, she couldn't afford to.

But now, they were both attending Hope's Peak Academy, where they at least could learn how live like normal teenagers. Because Hope's Peak guaranteed success for all of its graduates, Sora and Akane would hopefully be set for life and would never need to wonder if they had enough money for tonight's supper ever again. 

And now that Sora was dating Yoruko, she was coming closer to becoming normal with all the things that the hostess was inadvertently teaching her. And since Yoruko had a driver's license and could borrow Hajime's car, Sora could see a mall for the first time and see what normal girls got to see.

Heading into the kitchen, Sora filled up the kettle with water and turned it on, preparing a teapot with a teabag and two cups for both herself and her girlfriend. While she waited for the water to boil, she took out some sushi out of the fridge and arranged them on plates, the food being the result of Sora making too much last night and deciding to save to for breakfast. Along with that, Sora also made some toast.

Soon, everything was prepared, and she and Yoruko sat down at their spots and ate their breakfasts. Sora finished her breakfast and tea quickly, quickly getting up from her spot and heading into their room. She quickly changed into a dull blue suit dress with black tights, tying up her hair with her iconic red scrunchie. She put her wallet into her dress's pocket and looked herself over in the mirror, confirming that she didn't look like an Ultimate student.

When she got out of her bedroom, she went up to Yoruko, who was finishing up with her tea. "How do I look?" She asked, spinning around so that her girlfriend could see the whole outfit.

The hostess began to blush as she saw how pretty the albino was all dressed up. "Y-You look good, just let me go change into my clothes. Text your sister and tell her to get ready." Yoruko instructed, fighting her gay panic long enough to hurry into their room and close the door.

Sora held back her snickers as she saw how flustered Yoruko was. With an amused sigh, she started to text her sister to let her know to get herself prepared for a day on the town.

Sora: you up?

Akane: yes i am! is it time?

Sora: yup. get ready and meet us in the lobby

Akane: IT'S TIME IT'S TIME IT'S TIME LET'S GOOOO

Sora: it sure is