Cheers to Life

Warning: heavy intoxication

***

Setsuka stretched in the shared living space, trying to warm up her body before she went to get completely wasted in the late afternoon. After all, it was September 9th, her birthday!

The billiards player hummed a merry tune as she skipped back into her room. "Hey, Biki! Did you pick out a therapist yet?" She asked happily.

Hibiki shook her head as she browsed through the websites on her phone. "No, not yet." She replied. "I can't believe that Kanade wrote this all out for me. I...don't know what to think anymore."

Setsuka sat down on the bed next to her. "What do you mean?" She asked, putting an arm around her girlfriend.

"I mean...I can't believe that Kanade...my own sister...she was a serial killer. And I didn't even suspect a thing." Hibiki sniffled as she leaned on Setsuka. "Was it because of me? That's what she said before she left...right?"

"Oh, Biki." Setsuka cooed sadly, wrapping her other arm around the vocalist. "I don't think you guys are wholly at fault, just partially to blame. Your parents didn't raise you guys right, so neither of you knew that what you were doing was wrong."

"Wh-What do you mean?" Hibiki questioned.

"It seems that you guys both hurt each other in some sort of cycle." Setsuka guessed. "You hurt Kana so that you can be the 'greater twin' and Kana killed people to become closer to you. But did anyone tell you that was wrong?"

"N-No..."

"When Kana realized that the cycle of mistreatment was wrong, she went to rehabilitate herself. She got discharged from the clinic she went to, and she's on the way to bettering herself. I think that she's giving you the contacts so that you can too." The blue-haired woman gently kissed the top of her girlfriend's head.

Hibiki tearfully smiled, wiping her tears away with her sleeve. "She told me not to talk to her unless I became a better sister... Yeah, I'll talk to a therapist. Kanade and I...I want to know how much we hurt each other to become like this. We both kinda suck." She giggled at that last sentence.

"But you both are trying to get better," Setsuka purred, "and that's what's important."

"Hehe... Thanks, Suka. Maybe we'll both get better one day." Hibiki kissed the billiards player back. "Anyways, I can't wait for the party tonight! I made sure to book the same venue that we had Em and Kei's party at!"

"That's great! Did you get in contact with Syobai?" The billiards player asked.

"No, but I got Yuri to!" The vocalist exclaimed. "She told me that she got us enough alcohol to burn the school down! And I got my hands on a karaoke machine!"

Setsuka gave her an approving nod. "Nice! Are you drinking tonight?"

"Well...no. I have to make sure that you get home, after all." Hibiki joked. "I have a feeling that you are gonna have the wickedest hangover tomorrow morning."

"Hey, at least I know how to handle them. This isn't Big Sis's first rodeo, you know?" 

"SUKA?!"

***

"Alright, so have you eaten yet? You have to make sure you do before we go, 'cause we're gonna be there for a while." Setsuka reminded, smoothing out her shirt.