The Acceptance Letters (Part 2)

Warning: implied incest (because Kanade...), character gets drugged to sleep

***

The Grand Cabaret erupted in whoops and hollers as another pool ball was sunk. Pulling back her pool stick and straightening up, the blue-haired woman surveyed the room with her one eye. The bar wasn't as packed as it normally was, but there were enough people there to call it a busy night. 

Suddenly, a pink-haired server was at her side. "Here, Miss Setsuka. The Cosmopolitan you ordered." She smiled and handed her the drink.

Setsuka nodded back politely. "Thanks!" She replied, downing the drink while keeping an eye on her opponent's movements. As her oppenent messed up his shot, she smiled as she heard the crowd's disappointed noise. Putting down her glass, she leaned back over and lined up her shot. As she sunk the last balls, the crowd went wild with cheers and applause.

The pink-haired server was making Bloody Marys at the counter when another server came up to her. "Saki, I got these letters at the door. Ones for you, the other's for that billiards girl." The other girl whispered. 

"Thanks, Suzume. I'll open it later." The hostess smiled back. Suzume then left without another word to tend to another table.

'Saki' put her envelope under the counter and walked up to the billiards table. The crowd saw who was coming and made room for her to get there. The hostess went to the blue-haired woman's side and tapped her on the arm. "Miss Setsuka? This came for you. We collected it at the door." She then left for the counter, where she grabbed her envelope and disappeared into the back room.

Setsuka opened the envelope, feeling everyone's eyes on her. As she took out a letter and pamphlet, the room went dead silent. Setsuka's eye widened as she read the message.

'Dear Setsuka Chiebukuro,

After careful observation of your innate talent of competing in pool-structured games, we at Hope's Peak Academy acknowledge you as the 'Ultimate Billiards Player' and invite you to enroll at our academy. You will be placed in Class 79-B. Inside is a map and an orientation guide should you accept our invitation.

Best regards,

Hope's Peak Academy'

Setsuka put down her letter and turned to the crowd with a big smile on her face. "I got in! Hope's Peak, here I come!" The crowd's roar could be deafening to outsiders, but to Setsuka, it was music to her ears.

Meanwhile in the back room, 'Saki' held her head in her hands. She had read the contents of her letter and felt ashamed that she would be outed like that. To make matters worse, her boss, a woman old enough to be her mother, suddenly entered the room.

"Hey, Saki? Why do you look so down? Is something wrong?" She asked. Yoruko silently nodded, pointing to the open letter beside her. Her boss picked it up and began to read it over.

'Dear Yoruko Kabuya,

After careful observation of your innate talent of serving and helping those in a bar, we at Hope's Peak Academy acknowledge you as the 'Ultimate Hostess' and invite you to enroll at our academy. You will be placed in Class 79-B. Inside is a map and an orientation guide should you accept our invitation.

Best regards,

Hope's Peak Academy

P.S. If you choose not to accept, Hope's Peak Academy is not responsible for any juvenile court sentence you may receive for false identity and underage charges.'