Fortune's Wrath

As the morning dawned on Hope's Peak Academy's building, Chisa hid in a storage closet and took out her phone. She dialed a familiar number and put it to her ear, breathing a sigh of relief as the other side picked up.

"It's not like you to call this early, Yukizome. Did you find anything?" Kyosuke's voice came through the receiver.

"Yes, and I'm certain this is connected to the investigation of Hope's Peak Academy's dark side." Chisa explained. "Are you familiar with The Mercury Times?"

"Yes, I'm quite familiar with it." The Former Student Council President replied. "It's a world-renowned online news station featuring an fully-informed view on world events with a clear conscience on right and wrong."

"One of the students here runs it. Nikei Yomiuri, Ultimate Journalist. One of the new students from 79-B." The teacher informed.

"What does this have to do with him? Is he connected to the dark side of Hope's Peak?"

"No...but one of his articles is." Chisa began. "At the beginning of the summer, he posted an article describing child abuse at an elementary division ran by Hope's Peak. It was taken down within twenty-four hours, and I'm pretty sure it wasn't by him. From the way he writes, he seems unapologetic about his work."

"Hm, it must've been the school then. There's no other answer... Hope's Peak Academy's Steering Committee will probably plan to muzzle him if he tries again. Keep an eye on that boy, lest he falls into the Board of Trustees' hands." Kyosuke instructed.

"His class stays together anyways, not to mention that he has a very clingy partner in his relationship. If I can't guard him, his class definitely will." She responded.

"One more thing. I need you to get that article from him at any cost. We need to look deeper into this issue; it might give us clues as to where to search next." Kyosuke sighed. "Be careful, Yukizome. We can't afford you getting caught now. Don't let anyone know what you're doing."

"Don't worry, Kyosuke. I won't let you down." Chisa promised. "On a side note, you can call me 'Chisa' for a change. Nobody will judge!"

"Take care, Yukizome." Kyosuke hung up on her and looked up at the Overseas Campus Project building. 

Its structure poles had been put up and the stone of the building was slowly being moved into place. By his calculations, the building would be finished in half a year or less. He just hoped that Juzo and Chisa could handle things until he got back.

***

Mikado yawned and opened his eyes happy to feel his strength fully returned to him. After his practical exam and getting the class away from the boring closing ceremony, his lack of magic left him floored for a couple of days, even to the point where he was bedridden and unable to move for the remainder of the practical exam day. He would have to make it up to his dormmates later for looking after him.

He still couldn't move, but now for a completely different reason. Ever since his gender being changed and a particularly bad nightmare, Nikei had taken to sleeping on top of Mikado, with his head on the taller boy's chest. Mikado often compared Nikei to a cat at times, with his hair and skin being soft, his attitude constantly changing on a dime, and how Mikado wouldn't dare move him when he slept on him.

To Mikado's surprise, the door slowly opened. Sora peeked inside, checking to see if they were awake. "Oh, good morning. I take it Nikei isn't up yet?" She quietly spoke.

Mikado shook his head. "His sleeping face is so adorable..." He cooed, trying his best not to obsess over the journalist the same way he obsessed over his 'master'.