Chapter Sixty Three

Flashback

Flashback.

"Are you listening to me brat? What do you need to do tonight?" His mother's bloodred nails dug harshly into his skin, dark eyes narrowed.

"Stay in my room, don't make any noise and wait for you to let me out." Jimin's voice trembled, small hands clenched into fists at his side.

He hated nights like this.

He was young but he was still aware of what is mother was, of what she did late at night under the cover of darkness.

"That's right....and don't you forget it." She spat, silk robe loose around her slight frame as she sat at her dressing table. "The things I do to keep you fed and clothed, sometimes I ask myself if it's even fucking worth it."

Jimin stands still, eyes on his mother's reflection as she covers the blemishes on her tired skin.

He's heard these words before, so many times they don't even sting anymore.

He no longer questions why he's not worthy of his mother's love.

No longer prays at night for a way to make her love him.

He just does as he's told.

Remains invisible.

Empty and hollow.

"You look like him you know, makes me sick." Their eyes meet in the mirror.

It's the only time she ever mentions his father, with contempt and malice.