Chapter Sixty

"How is she?" Jimin lowers his glass, the expensive single malt momentarily forgotten as Jin enters the kitchen.

"I've checked her over and she's perfectly fine, exhausted and clearly highly stressed and anxious but physically she's okay." The older agent cocks a brow, eyes falling over the glass perched on Jimin's thigh. "You know Joon hates it when you drink, considering our current circumstances it isn't wise as we need everyone to be at their best."

Jimin rolls his eyes.

"It's one drink, nothing I can't handle."

"You lose you temper when you drink, you did it with Y/N earlier." Jin finishes washing his hands, grabbing the towel to dry his hands as he turns to face the younger agent.

"Yeah well, she deserved it." Jimin scoffs, tone nonchalant as he knocks back the remainder of the fiery amber liquid. "She opened her mouth and judged me, judged me when she knows nothing about me."

"Kind of like how you're judging her then." Jin retorts, a shit eating grin on his face as Jimin scowls.

"I don't trust her, I don't like how she's making things difficult for us."

"Give the girl a break Jimin, it was Tae and Guk who dragged her into this mess and she's just trying her best to deal with it."

"She's got you too hasn't she?" Jimin's eyes darken, tone one of disbelief. "What is it with this girl and all of you falling over your feet for her, even Yoongi made her tea and he never makes anyone tea! How can you not see that there's something iffy about her?" Jimin leans forward, setting his empty glass down on the coffee table.

"Jimin we've checked her out, she's clean."

"You and I both know that doesn't mean anything, the records we found could be total bullshit and all of this...." Jimin gestures to the hallway, in the direction of the bedroom where Taehyung is watching over Y/N. "....this damsel in fucking distress, fainting every five minutes could be an act, just a way to get us to drop our guard and let her in. I don't buy it, how Tae and Guk just happened to both meet her. I also don't get how she seems to have this hold over them and not just them but the rest of you too! It's always been the seven of us, we've never trusted someone this easily before so why now?"

"I'm not saying we should totally drop our guard, I'm also not under this 'hold' you insist she's got over us." Jin shakes his head, exasperated with the younger agent. "I'm just saying that we need to at least give her a chance, she's really not that bad once you talk to her Jimin."

"I've already spoken to her and we already know how that turned out." Jimin smirks.

"Listen." Jin sighs, arms crossed over his chest and head falling back as he closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. "Joon will be calling us in for a meeting in the next hour or so, if you've got any grievances you want to air out then that's the perfect opportunity for you to do it."

"Oh don't worry, I will be."

"Great, wonderful. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to finish a few things off in the lab."

Jimin watches Jin leave, tongue poking at the inside of his cheek as his anger and frustration builds.

He just wants everything to go back to normal.

Just the seven of them.

They don't need anyone else.

Especially not some firecracker who has no respect for him.

He's usually better than this.