Chapter Three

"Taehyung as you're tired we can start with you, that way once we're done you can get some much needed sleep." Jin appeared as the two entered his surgery.

The pink stethoscope Jimin got his hyung as a joke gift for Christmas the year before was already around his neck as the eldest agent observed the younger one, with a swift tilt of his head motioning to the examination table Taehyung took the hem ...

The pink stethoscope Jimin got his hyung as a joke gift for Christmas the year before was already around his neck as the eldest agent observed the younger one, with a swift tilt of his head motioning to the examination table Taehyung took the hem of his shirt and pulled it over his head.

Black ink curved in tendrils over his skin almost seductively. The calligraphy was narrow and elegant, dancing over his toned stomach and over his hip before disappearing beneath the tight black slacks he was wearing.

Taehyung hopped on the bed, long legs hanging over the edge and Jin stepped to his side.

"Take a deep breath Taehyung." Jin instructed, placing the chest piece on Taehyung's back and listening as the younger agent took several deep breaths in and then out.  

Jungkook was leaning against the wall opposite, legs crossed at the ankles as he watched his hyung move the chest piece away and note down his findings on a chart.

"Okay, follow the light." Jin dropped the chest piece against his own and then retrieved the retinascope.

The younger agents were used to this routine with their hyung, after every mission this was required as the organization needed to know their most valued agents were in peak physical condition. 

Taehyung followed the light as instructed, knowing that his hyung would use the otoscope next.

"All good so far." Jin mumbled as he noted down his findings before swapping instruments and checking the ear canal and tympanic membrane.

Jin was always gentle, Taehyung felt no pain or discomfort as he moved from one ear to the next.

"All clear, almost done Taehyung." Jin smiled as he reached for the next instrument which was Taehyung's least favourite part of the examination. It was extremely intrusive and always left his nose sore for a few hours afterwards.

"I'll make it quick Taehyung, promise." Jin reassured to which Taehyung nodded.

"Okay, you know the drill. Breathe in through your nose, make the E sound."

Taehyung did as his hyung asked, flinching as the laryngoscope passed through his nose. Jin guided it to the larynx and inspected the nose, throat, and larynx for abnormalities.

"Your lymph nodes are swollen and they play a vital role in your body's ability to fight off infections Taehyung, smoking isn't going to help this either. I need you to at least try and quit, it's starting to really worry me." Taehyung rolled his eyes, he was so used to this little speech by now and wasn't going to let his hyung guilt trip him.

Jin furrowed his brow and slowly removed the tube, passing him a tissue.

"I'm trying hyung." Taehyung grumbled as he took the tissue and held it by his nose.

"Not hard enough." Jin responded as he looked down at Taehyung's slacks.

"Okay, almost done. Lose the pants and then we can wrap this up, I'm already late sending the report."

Taehyung quickly removed his slacks, the elegant black calligraphy twisted over his hip and down the right thigh ending at his ankle.

Jin motioned for him to stand on the scales, took his weight and noted it down.

"Okay, drop them." Jin motioned to his tight black boxer briefs.

"Seriously hyung, do we have to do this?" Taehyung scowled as he rested each thumb under the material of his briefs.

"Once a month we check, it's important for men to do this Taehyung so stop moaning and drop them." Jin's voice was stern, Taehyung turned to Jungkook and narrowed his eyes.

"Turn around gay boy." Taehyung grumbled.

Jungkook smirked but didn't want to anger his hyung so rolled his eyes before turning around and facing the window.  

"Quickly Taehyung, I don't have all day." Jin snapped.

"Alright!" Taehyung pushed down his briefs and refused to make eye contact as Jin did a quick check before nodding and then making a quick note.

"Okay, everything seems good. You can get dressed now, I'm finished with you."

Jungkook snorted out a laugh.

"Shut up."  Taehyung snapped as he got dressed.

"Jungkook you're next."

Taehyung never stayed through Jungkook's examination, even though the two argued back and forth the kid was like a brother to him and watching Jungkook go through an examination was pure torture.

"You'll be okay right?" Taehyung asked him as he stopped by the door.

"Always." Jungkook forced a cocky smile which immediately fell when Taehyung gave a nod and then left the room.

"I'll try to make this as quick as possible Jungkook." Jin hated doing this but the organization demanded it.

"I'll get the shot ready." Jin stepped through to the next room as Jungkook hopped on the bed.

The fear swept through Jungkook but never made it to his facial muscles or skin. His complexion remained the same, his eyes steady. He would never allow anyone to see him weak, to see how much this frightened him.

He lay back on the examination table, telling himself over and over that he would get through this just like all the countless times before. It was part and parcel of who he was, the organization created him and he knew without the shot his body would weaken.

"You ready Jungkook?" Jin returned, now standing by his side.

No....

"Yes." He offered Jin his right arm, preparing himself for what was about to take place.