Chapter Thirty

Quinn Danvers wasn't the kind of woman you wanted to mess with. If you so much as looked at her the wrong way she made you pay for it and today her mood was spiralling out of control.

"Maddie, call the group. I need them immediately, no excuses."

Maddie was the organisations IT expert and had been working with Danvers for almost two years, she respected but feared the woman as she had a terrifying reputation.

"I can contact Xander and TJ but Maddox has been MIA for two weeks, off the grid working on his latest mission." Maddie was struggling to hold all the paperwork Danvers had thrown against her chest the minute the two women starting working through headquarters to the boardroom, she wasn't paying attention to where she was walking and suddenly collided with Danvers who spun around sending her a look which could frighten the devil himself.

"I don't pay you for excuses Maddie, you're my IT expert and the best our company has. I don't care how you do it but use the resources we spend millions a year on and find Maddox, he's the best we've got and I need him for this next mission."

"Yes Quinn, I'll make it happen." Maddie swallowed the lump in her throat once Danvers spun back around and started walking again.

That was a close one.

"Afternoon ladies." A voice that both women knew very well greeted them as they entered the boardroom.

"TJ....why am I not surprised." Maddie rolled her eyes, placing down the mountain of paperwork as Danvers took her seat at the head of the table completely ignoring their unexpected guest.

"I see you're in a fantastic mood this afternoon Danvers, not getting any at home from the old ball and chain." TJ smirked, biting down on his trademark cocktail stick. It was a habit of his that he picked up as he was trying to quit smoking but judging from the strong tobacco smell which greeted them the minute they walked through the door he still hadn't managed to kick the habit entirely.

"Fuck you TJ, the only reason you're still working for the organisation is because of your unique skillset otherwise I would've disposed of you months ago." Danvers sneered.

"Ouch, such harsh words boss lady." TJ feigned upset, clutching at his chest.

"Maddie sit down." Danvers motioned to the seat opposite TJ and Maddie reluctantly did as she was told, rolling her eyes as TJ winked at her.

"Creep." She muttered under her breath.

"Why thanks doll, happy you think so highly of me."

"That's enough! I don't have time to sit around listening to you two argue! I need a prototype bringing in for a complete reboot, number 457."

Maddie and TJ fell silent, eyes widening.

"The Bangtan prototype?" Maddie questioned.

"Yes, my sources tell me he went AWOL today and after getting my ear chewed off this morning by the higher ups I've been left with no other choice."

"I can't believe you're going to completely reboot him, he's only been in the field for a few years and what about his team? I know they've grown to care about him, will they hand him over without putting up a fight?" Maddie questioned, tone one of concern.

"I don't care what his team thinks and if they try to resist it means they're going against the organisation and nobody has ever been stupid enough to do something so reckless or asinine. Maddie go through that paperwork and work out a way for us to bring 457 in for a reboot without his entire team there to put up resistance, don't forget to call Xander and Maddox in for a briefing too."

"Of course Quinn, I'm on it."

"Good, you can start now. I need to talk with TJ alone, you're dismissed."

Maddie gave a nod, quickly collecting all her paperwork and hurrying out of the room.

"You sure about this boss lady? Bringing in 457 won't be a walk in the park, you know what he is and what he can do." TJ leaned back in his chair, brow furrowed. It wasn't every day you got a man like TJ Parks to pay attention but then again it wasn't every day you got to see this kind of action, 457 wasn't going to be an easy mission.

"I'm just doing my job and now I'm asking you to do the same. I want this done quickly, no mess left behind. I trust you know who to contact and what's expected."

Danvers retrieved a manila folder from her briefcase. "I need you to find this civilian, work with Xander to track her down and then make sure Maddox does his job in taking her out. I want it to look like an accident, she knows far too much."

TJ cocked a brow, watching as Danvers removed a suvalliance photo from the folder.

"What a shame." TJ whistled as he took the photo, eyes falling across the beautiful young woman whose life was about to end far too soon.

"I don't give a shit how much of a shame it is, she's causing 457 to act recklessly. I don't know how but he's starting to act......." Danvers furrowed her brow, not even wanting to admit something like this was possible.

"Human." TJ finished for her and she gave a nod.

"Just get it done, you're dismissed."

"Aye Aye boss lady." TJ jumped to his feet, giving a dramatic bow before leaving Danvers alone with her thoughts.