Chapter Twenty Two

Taehyung promised Yoongi that he would forget his encounter with Y/N, he was well aware that not doing so would only put her at risk and obviously that was the last thing he wanted but no matter how hard he tried and no matter how long they stayed...

Taehyung promised Yoongi that he would forget his encounter with Y/N, he was well aware that not doing so would only put her at risk and obviously that was the last thing he wanted but no matter how hard he tried and no matter how long they stayed away from Seoul he just couldn't do it.

He couldn't forget her.

Taehyung missed his home and desperately wanted to see Y/N again but the mission was far from over and he was growing restless.

It was two months later when Yoongi finally got a lead.

"What the hell is this? Taehyung looked down at the passport and flight confirmation Yoongi had just secured for the both of them. "I thought you went to get flights home? We got the lead right? What the fuck is this? We've been stuck here for two months and now you're telling me we're leaving for Paris?!"

Yoongi paid little attention to the outburst as he typed out a quick message to Namjoon about their next location.

"My contact pulled through with a lead Taehyung but I never said that lead would take us back home, Paris is our next stop."

Taehyung couldn't believe this, the two of them were playing some ridiculous game of cat and mouse with no end in sight and he wanted no damn part of it.

"This fucking sucks." He felt tense, nothing had felt right about this damn mission since they left Seoul.

"Are you fucking with me hyung? Is this even a real mission or is this your way of keeping me away from her?! It's been two months, I gave you my word that I wouldn't contact her again."

Yoongi quickly surveyed his surroundings, luckily nobody was paying them much attention and so he grabbed Taehyung by the arm and pulled him through to the airport bathroom.

"Get your head out of your ass Taehyung! This isn't about Y/N or your ridiculous fantasy!" 

"Ridiculous fantasy?!" Taehyung ripped his arm away from Yoongi as his lips formed a malicious scowl.

"Taehyung we don't get to have a normal life! We don't get the things or the people that we want and the longer you dance around this reality the more people will get hurt. I told you my story! I told you what happened to me, stop with this ridiculous notion that you can have the best of both worlds because you can't! The organization owns us, what they say goes and the day we turn our back on them is the day they tear our world apart! I'm trying to protect you! Namjoon is trying to do the same and yet you still don't get it!" Yoongi stood toe to toe with Taehyung, angry eyes fixed on his.

"You can never have her so.....you've got two options here Taehyung. Option one, you put her and everyone else at risk by betraying the organization or option two." Yoongi pointed at the boarding pass "You do what we've been trained to do and leave behind the fantasy of what your life could but will never be."

Taehyung lowered his head, part of him was still furious but the other part knew Yoongi was right.

"Let her go Taehyung."

Yoongi left him alone with his thoughts, after the bathroom door slammed shut he took a deep breath.

To protect her he would stay away.

Taehyung would board the plane to Paris but he would do so with a heavy heart.