Chapter Forty

"Y/N listen to me." Taehyung cradled her face with his fingers, furious with himself for putting her in this predicament.

"I know you're scared but you need to listen carefully okay? Do exactly what I say and please don't argue with me over it, can you do that?"

Y/N gave a nod, she really didn't like where this conversation was going.

"I need you to run."

"Run?! Are you crazy?! What do you mean run?"

"Y/N focus, we don't have time to argue over this. I'm going to distract this guy, Yoongi too."

"I'm not leaving you! I can stay here in the car, you guys can take him right? It's two against one and you have guns and shit, we don't need to split up!"

Taehyung couldn't help but smile as she rambled.

"Y/N that guy out there is dangerous, whatever happens we can't risk having you with us."

The moment she opened those sinful lips to continue her furious rambling Taehyung stole a kiss, slipping his phone into the pocket of her jacket.

"Run as fast as you can, once you reach a safe place to hide call Jungkook and then wait for him. Tell the guys Xander found us, the warehouse isn't safe anymore."

"You'll be okay right? I'm still fucking furious with you but that doesn't mean I never want to see you again."

"Taehyung can we move this along please? Xander is getting closer, we don't have time for this." Yoongi disengaged the safety lever on his 9mm, eyes on Xander as he slowly approached the car.

"I'll come back to you, trust me on that okay?" Taehyung placed a kiss on her forehead. "The moment Yoongi opens his door you need to run."

Y/N gives a nod.

"Now!" Tae whispers as Yoongi launches himself out of the door and starts firing.

"Don't go dying on me, still need answers to all my questions." She smiles, placing a kiss to the corner of his mouth before sliding out of the passenger side door.

Then she runs.

Keeps running.

Doesn't stop.

Her legs start to feel numb and unsteady, painfully sore.

Her throat dry, lungs burning as she gasps for air.

She can no longer hear gunfire or sirens, just the hustle and bustle of the city.

Her feet come to a stop, eyes darting around the labyrinth of alleyways and sidewalks.

It's not safe out in the open like this.

She spots the subway and heads down, once safely on whatever train pulls up first she can call Jungkook.

Y/N stares into the black tunnel, willing those red lights to blink back, grow closer, announce that at least she'll soon be on her way.

She holds her hand out to feel for the movement of air that comes as the train pushes it along, but there is nothing. Nothing but the dirty grey floor and the worn yellow band under her boots. Adrenaline floods through her and she turns abruptly to stare at the empty platform behind, she needs to keep her guard up.

She takes a moment to think about Taehyung, praying that he's okay.

She needs him to be okay.