Chapter Sixty Four

Two hours prior to Jungkook and Jimin encountering the intruder.

Jungkook watched as the birds darted from one branch to the next, closing his eyes he listened to their song and imagined what the sun would feel like as it filtered through the tree canopy

It's only been several hours and he already misses the outdoors.

On the walls surrounding him the leaves rustle as a gentle breeze descends, his lips twitch up slightly at the corners as he allows himself to get lost in the tranquility even though he knows his reality is the exact opposite.

The minute he opens his eyes and ends the program he'll be back underground.

Back in the bunker.

Where doubt, fear and confusion wait for him.

Yet it's also where Y/N waits for him.

His eyes flutter open, swirls of neon blue contracting and expanding as the program concludes and the tranquil scene of a forest is replaced with the sparse brick walls of the bunker.

"I love it when you do that." Yoongi's gruff drawl drifts from the open doorway.

"One of my many talents." Jungkook forces a smile as he turns to acknowledge the older agent but Yoongi sees straight through it.

"Talk to me Guk, what's on your mind?"

"I'm fine hyung, nothing for you to worry about. Did you speak with Tae? How is Y/N doing?"

"I'm not here to talk about her, I'm here to make sure you're okay because Jin told me you were blaming yourself earlier for her passing out again. It's not your fault, you know that right?" Yoongi furrowed his brow, tone stern as he pushed himself away from the door and approached the younger agent.

"Hyung you should've seen how quickly she left the room, something happened...I'm not sure what exactly but maybe it was something I did or said which made her feel uncomfortable."

"Don't be ridiculous Guk, what happened had nothing to do with you."

"How can you be so sure?" Jungkook sighed. "One minute we're talking and then the next she totally flips, can't get away from me fast enough and I can't fault her for that....look at me hyung." He gestures to the markings across his skin and the circuit boards swirling within his eyes.

"I'm not like the rest of you and now she knows the full story can you really blame her for bolting."

"You told her what about what happened to you at the organisation?" Yoongi's eyes widened at this, he certainly wasn't expecting the youngest agent to open up so quickly especially when it came to his history with the organisation.