Chapter Seventeen

Taehyung.

"The surveillance stops Taehyung." 

It didn't surprise me that Namjoon discovered my surveillance on Y/N as he was the only one besides myself with direct access to our servers.

"I'm surprised it took you this long to approach me about it." I wasn't in the best of moods, my mind filled with thoughts of her and how upset she must've been to find me gone the following morning without even saying goodbye. 

It's crazy to say you miss someone when you've only spent one night with them right? It's not normal to be addicted to someone like this, then again nothing in my life has ever been normal.

I felt guilty for leaving, I didn't want to leave but was left with no other choice and ever since I haven't been able to stop thinking about her....does she hate me for leaving like I did? The very thought doesn't sit right with me yet there's nothing I can do to change her opinion of me.

"I didn't say anything before because you were simply keeping tabs on her, watching from a distance and never getting involved but after your mission with Jimin.....you started to get involved and so this stops now."

Namjoon sent for me after he returned from his meeting with the organization, he didn't seem in the best of moods either but I didn't question it.

"I'm sorry hyung, it was stupid of me to get involved."

I watched from the garage doorway as he disassembled the trigger of what appeared to be a Glock 19.

"It's okay Taehyung, we all make mistakes....momentary lapses in judgment are extremely common but you can't let it happen again."

"I just didn't expect to feel such a connection with her." I wanted to take the words back immediately as Namjoon narrowed his eyes and cocked a brow.

"We don't have time for connections like that Taehyung, your loyalty is to Bangtan and it's my job to look after the six of you. If you get involved it potentially causes trouble for the team, if anything ever happened to any of you....I don't even want to think of the consequences." Namjoon was right, Taehyung had been selfish and put his own needs before the group.

"I'm sorry, I'll stop my surveillance."

Taehyung watched and waited, Namjoon hadn't dismissed him yet and was most likely thinking of what to say next.

"I don't want you to see her again, no contact of any kind and to make sure you stay away there's a mission I'm sending you on with Yoongi. I need some information for a client and Yoongi leaves for Tokyo tomorrow to track the man down who has this information, you'll go with him and stay by his side for however long it takes."

Taehyung felt his heart drop, he knew Namjoon was testing his loyalty by sending him away but if he left with Yoongi on this mission he could be gone for days....maybe even weeks and anything could happen to Y/N within that time period......she could even meet someone.

Taehyung didn't even want to think about another man touching her, it made him feel sick to his stomach.

"Is there a problem with that Taehyung?" Namjoon questioned.

"No.....there's no problem." 

"Good, go and pack your things as you leave first thing."

Taehyung knew Namjoon was just doing his duty as their leader, it must be difficult to make choices like this especially when he cared about them so much.

"Yes hyung, I'll pack right away."

"Good, you're dismissed."

Taehyung gave a nod, swallowed the lump in his throat and headed upstairs.

He never wanted this, he just wanted her.