Chapter Thirty Six

"I just need some space, you're both making me feel ridiculously claustrophobic right now."

Y/N gently pushed through the two men, desperately needing a moment to compose herself.

"I barely know the two of you, this is absolutely crazy." She laughed quietly, a short huff of air escaping her nose that was barely perceptible. "This is so ludacris, I spent a short amount of time with both of you and then both of you disappear on me with no explanation only to show up now asking for another chance. I've never been so confused in my life, Cole would tell me to cut you both out of my life and that you can't be trusted."

Cole....she really could use his advice right now but she didn't want to get him involved in the mess that was her love life.

He had enough stress dealing with his own.

Taehyung went to speak but the moment his lips parted Y/N lifted a hand, eyes narrowing as she shook her head.

"Don't say anything Taehyung please, just let me talk and then both of you can say your piece."

Taehyung gave a nod, the last thing he wanted was to cause anymore tension between the three of them.

"I shared a moment with each of you, there's no point in denying that or getting angry because it happened and there's nothing we can do to change that. I didn't know you two knew each other, that you were brothers until today so I'm sorry for causing this rift between you. I won't lie.....I enjoyed my time with both of you and felt an attraction but I refuse to come between brothers, I would never forgive myself. I'm not the type of woman who would mess around with people like that, it's not something I'm going to be a part of. I don't want to upset either of you, please understand that if the two of you want to be in my life then it's got to be strictly platonic. I don't even know why the two of you care enough to show up here, you hardly know me."

Y/N breathed out a sigh of relief, it felt good to finally speak her mind.

It was a sucky situation, she felt a strong pull to them both but she wasn't going to cause trouble between brothers.

She barely knows them....not really.

"I can't explain it." Taehyung is the first to speak, brow furrowed as he pauses to collect his thoughts. "I've never felt an attraction to someone like this before, not just physical either. I just feel a pull, a need to know you and be a part of your life."

Y/N couldn't deny she felt that exact same pull but she couldn't allow herself to admit it out loud, she wasn't going to come between two brothers.

"It's the same for me, there's just something there which makes me want to be around you." Jungkook speaks up, nervously looking across at Taehyung when a grumble sounded deep within his chest.

"This is why nothing can happen romantically between us, the two of you are family and yet you're about to put strain on that relationship for me.....you don't know me well enough to do something so reckless. I know we all feel some kind of pull we can't explain right now, we just can't act on it."

"I'm going to find that incredibly difficult." Taehyung growled which caused something to stir within Y/N, something that she had to quickly push to the back of her mind.

"That makes two of us." Jungkook voiced his opinion which didn't sit well with Taehyung who was quick to take a step toward him, fists balled up at his sides.

"Jungkook...." Taehyung growled but Y/N stepped between them before anything could happen, palm flat against each chest.

"Stop, this exactly what I'm talking about. You can't ruin your relationship as brothers for me, you don't even know me well enough. I'm asking you both to just relax okay, accept my offer on a platonic relationship please. If you can't accept having me in your life as just a friend then I'm going to ask you to please leave, I really hope you understand my decision."