Chapter Fifty Eight

It's safe to say at this point that she's well and truly lost, the many rooms and tunnels of the underground bunker all confusing her enough that she takes a wrong turn somewhere and then ends up in a section she definitely hasn't been to before.

Maybe if she calls out someone will hear her?

Jimin seems to like watching her interactions with the other members so if she finds a camera somewhere she could also signal for help, yet the chances of him helping are pretty slim considering their last interaction so she's quick to dismiss that idea.

"You've been pacing around for five minutes now, either find a way to make less noise or come in and sit down." She startles as a gruff voice drifts out from the room beside her, the frosted glass door is slightly ajar and as she hesitates outside the voice grumbles at her to make up her damn mind and before she's even sure that this is what she wants to do she steps inside.

Holy shit.

Of all the things she expected to find this wasn't one of them.

She was well aware the bunker was huge in scale but never did she imagine there would be a damn greenhouse of sorts hidden away in the depths, how did the flora even survive without natural sunlight.

"Artificial sunlight, plenty of love and attention to detail doesn't go amiss either. I've not been able to visit for the last week r so but I've got a sprinkler system in place which keeps them watered, sadly I've lost a few which need more daily attention but I can always plant more."

Y/N wasn't aware her thoughts had tumbled through pleasantly surprised parted lips but she was glad they did as she now at least had her answer.

"I thought this place was only somewhere you guys come to when your other base is at risk?" She looks around for the source of the grumbly voice, knows it's Yoongi but can't see the agent anywhere.

"Namjoon put me in charge of maintaining the place, he knows I like the peace and quiet so once a week I travel out here to make sure the place is secure and check my greenhouse."

"It surprises me that someone like you has something like this." Y/N doesn't mean to sound rude, it's just not what she expected from a man who is surrounded by violence on a regular basis.

She stops on her slow walk around the paved path, crouching down and stretching out her fingers to touch silky pink petals, they were cooler than she'd expected and smoother too.

They're beautiful.

Something that brings light and delicacy to the harsh lines and cold steel of the bunker.

The smile that had been playing at the corners of her lips fades as Yoongi calls out to her from somewhere above.

"Enough dawdling, come up here. If you keep following the path there's a spiral set of stairs that lead up, make it quick."

Y/N rolls her eyes, mumbling under her breath as she straightens up and follows the path.

"I can hear you by the way, nothing escapes me." The gruffness of his voice is joined by a teasing lilt and she furrows her brow.

Yoongi really isn't what she expected.

The few times they've meet he seemed cold and distant.