Chapter Forty Four

"Jimin where are you taking me? I'm starting to freak out a little here, first you drive us out of the city and now we've been hiking through whatever this forest is called for the last fifteen minutes." Y/N groaned as she stopped to rest her aching legs.

She really needed to join a gym or something, it was ridiculous how out of breath she was after only fifteen minutes of brisk walking.

Jimin turned around to face her, smirking as he approached.

"It's called Sanglim forest, in the south Gyeongsang province and the reason we're here is because that's where the bunker is."

Y/N cocks a brow, eyes widening in surprise.

"Bunker? I thought we were going to a safehouse, like a cabin in the woods or something."

Jimin chuckled at this, rolling his eyes playfully. "Cabin in the woods? Adorable but no, Namjoon wanted a place that the organisation didn't know about and so Hoseok with the help of Taehyung and his technical expertise managed to locate an old underground bunker and so we revamped the place and use it as our safehouse."

"Well, what if the people who originally designed the bunker come back?"

"The bunker is incredibly old so that won't happen and besides  you've got me to protect you." The agent winks, not missing the way Y/N rolls her eyes as the two start walking again.

"How much longer do we have to walk?"

"It's going to take another hour at least, the bunker is well hidden within the denser part of the forest but something tells me you could use the exercise."

"Excuse me?!" This guy is really something else.

"I'm teasing princess, loosen up a little yeah? It's going to be a long walk, we should at least attempt to get along."

"Do you really care about getting along with me? I mean, aren't I the reason all of you are in this mess to begin with?"

"Oh princess don't flatter yourself, part of this is to do with you but there's more to it."

"Like what?"

"It's best you don't ask those kinds of questions, the less you know the better."

"I'm in this mess now, what will it hurt to know more?"

Jimin was curious when he first found out about Taehyung and Jungkook's obsession with this woman, he wanted to know what had them both so willing to put everything at risk.

He could see the appeal when they first met at her apartment, she was the girl next door....something safe and wholesome about her but now....now she was driving him crazy with incessant questions.

"Look, it's not my place to say anything okay? That's down to Namjoon, not me."

Y/N could tell she wasn't going to get anything more out of Jimin so opted for silence instead as the two continued to walk through the forest.

She hoped Taehyung was okay, Jungkook too.

What did Jimin mean by something more to this?

What would this Namjoon guy have to say when they eventually meet?

This was going to be an extremely long day.

~

They finally reached a small clearing after walking the rest of the way in somewhat comfortable silence, Jimin occasionally throwing her amused glances over his shoulder whenever she grumbled about how much her legs were aching.