Chapter Thirty Nine

Yoongi gripped the steering wheel; knuckles drained of colour as he pulled out from Y/N's apartment building and joined the steady flow of traffic.

He briefly met Taehyung's eyes in the rearview mirror, narrowing his own and giving a slight shake of his head when the younger male opened his mouth to say something.

'Don't even bother.'

He silently communicated which Taehyung acknowledged with a curt nod and pursed lips.

"All this for a fucking woman they hardly know." Yoongi breathed out, not missing the way Taehyung's jaw ticked.

"What the fuck is your problem?" The very cause of all their problems decided now was the time to speak.

"Y/N baby please don't, just stay quiet and we'll explain more once we reach the warehouse." Taehyung spoke from the back, long fingers reaching for her shoulder and giving it a gentle squeeze.

Taehyung didn't appreciate the way Yoongi was treating Y/N but he also understood why his hyung was so frustrated.

He should've stayed in Paris.

He never should've betrayed Yoongi's trust like that.

Yoongi never lost his composure, always the one to stay calm and collected even in the most dire of situations but everyone had a line and Taehyung had crossed it.

His hyung was a proud individual, one who valued honesty and loyalty.

Taehyung had taken those two ideals and mocked them through his selfish actions.

He knew it would take Yoongi considerable time to forgive him for what happened and he couldn't exactly say he blamed him.

"Taehyung." Yoongi snapped, eyes back on his through the rearview mirror. "Sit and say nothing, you're already skating on extremely fucking thin ice with me after the shit you pulled in Paris so don't test me."

Taehyung shrunk back in his seat, jaw tight as he fought the urge to protect the woman he cared about but also respect his hyung's wishes. He didn't want to appear weak in Y/N's eyes but also didn't want to disrespect Yoongi, doing so wouldn't be wise especially with his current emotional state.

"You want to say that again doll?" Yoongi spat, eyes now focused on the young woman in the seat beside him.

She was equally as furious as Yoongi.

Good.....it's nice to know he isn't the only one struggling to control his temper.

Yoongi was well aware this wasn't really her fault, she was clueless from the beginning as to Taehyung's and Jungkook's profession plus it was the two males who insisted on tracking her down again but he was angry...angry about what happened in Paris and for the way Namjoon had blamed him for it and so he needed someone to take it out on; someone to blame.

"I didn't know anything about them! I met Taehyung at the club where I work shifts sometimes and he introduced himself as Vincent! I met Jungkook weeks after when he showed up asking for help at the library and both of them pulled a disappearing act on me only to turn up now with you and Jimin in tow! I understand you're pissed but don't take it out on me! I basically just got kidnapped, I didn't want or ask for this so lay off me okay?! Take your anger out on the people who put you in this position and not those who got dragged along without knowing what the fuck they were signing up for."

Yoongi couldn't help the smirk which pulled at his lips, grip on the wheel not as intense.

She was right, this wasn't her fault and him getting angry wasn't going to solve anything.